HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While waiting to pick up my new P2000sk, I've been doing some research and I've found that Eezox has amazing rust protection properties. However, does anyone know if Eezox is polymer safe? I'd like to use it on the metal parts inside the frame as well as the slide. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
814 Posts
Of course I don't wipe down the polymer frame with any clp but, naturally, it gets around the edges and in the barrel channel/mag. well every time I clean. I have used Eezox for several years now and it performs very well with no effect whatsoever on the polymer. So does FP-10 as well as Breakfree and many others. The Eezox looks just as fresh months after application before storage. It doesn't feel greasy as does the Breakfree. Cleaning wise, it's a toss-up with all brands (after Hoppes in the barrel). All this is just my opinion, such as it is.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Do you guys use Eezox to clean the inside of the barrel? What about Eezox as a lube? I've been using MPro-7 for cleaning and MPro-7 oil for lube.

·
Registered
402 Posts
I converted to EEZOX when I got my "SK." I'd read a lot about it on another forum and decided to try it. I'd been using CLP almost exclusively. I cleaned barrels and everything with CLP. Barrel also got a good dosing of Hoppes and Gun Scrubber Bore Cleaner. So, when I ran my first patch that was soaked in EEZOX and saw all the junk coming off I was more than a little surprised. Good cleaning, protects, and lubes. It's also what I'd call a "semi-dry" lube. And...it smells really cool! As far a polymer...I don't think it'd hurt it, but I rarely douse my frame in petroleum like products anyway.

I'd highly recommend it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Eezox is great stuff and has never harmed any of my Poly pistols including my Glock and Walther. I am also a CLP convert.

·
Registered
596 Posts
I've used it for years with no adverse effects. It is meant to be used as a dry lube. In other words, any excess is to be wiped off. A little goes a long way. I use it in conjuction with a oil or some Tw25b or all three on some guns.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts