HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If a person were to use their P7 to the extent that it eventually needed to be refinished what service source would you use assuming hard chroming is still the best way to protect such a pistol? Would everything need to be chromed besides the springs? No on the barrel and piston? thanks again!

·
Premium Member
1,023 Posts
i have a p7m8 that i had hard chromed and it is my edc i am loving it in this form all parts where done minus the barrel piston and springs. if talk to james he will tell you about some other options like black t and ceracoating is another option

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
Look to the left. Brushed flats matte rounds. This one is Tripps but Ford's does a great job

You can also just get the slide done if the rest of the gun is in good condition.

·
Registered
100 Posts
You should check out APW Plating (Accurate Plating And Weaponry) located in Alabama. Had the slide, barrel and controls on my P2000sk hard chrome plated(brushed flats-matte rounds) and it came out fantastic. They advertise all of their various plating services on their website which are quite reasonable.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
If a person were to use their P7 to the extent that it eventually needed to be refinished what service source would you use assuming hard chroming is still the best way to protect such a pistol? Would everything need to be chromed besides the springs? No on the barrel and piston? thanks again!
You are right to be concerned about coating the internals of a P7. While I don't think there's an official refinish, as your question to hard chrome, there's nothing wrong with it, provided the shop knows about P7s.

·
Priest of the P7
4,804 Posts
You should check out APW Plating (Accurate Plating And Weaponry) located in Alabama. Had the slide, barrel and controls on my P2000sk hard chrome plated(brushed flats-matte rounds) and it came out fantastic. They advertise all of their various plating services on their website which are quite reasonable.
I'd like to see a photo of that sk!

OP, hard chrome is a great finish. Here's a pair of M8s I had Ford's do -- the black frame is their deluxe blue. That one had a big ugly mill mark they did a great job of removing as well.
2tone - 1 (6).jpg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts