HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process (still) of building a PTR91, and have a question regarding the front sight tower. I have the stainless heavy barrel, and the lower ring of the tower will not fit. It seems that the grenade attachment is causing interference with the fit. How do I go about removing the sleeve for the grenade adapter? I see two welds on the side of the tower; do these have to come out in order to get the attachment out? I can't find any towers without the attachment. Help!

·
Registered
279 Posts
if you drill out the welds you can knock out the grenade ring. have you checked to see if youll then need a spacer between the barrel and tower ?

·
Registered
196 Posts
Havent seen a grenade ring trippleframe in person yet but come time i wish to rebarrel mine i was planning to ream out the inside to a larger inner dia to fit the barrel. Personally i like the look of them.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
if you drill out the welds you can knock out the grenade ring. have you checked to see if youll then need a spacer between the barrel and tower ?
I shouldn't need a spacer; the barrel mics at .705", and the solder should take up any slack. If all else fails, I'll have to drill and ream out to 23/32", which will give me a .718" clearance. That should be more than enough to slip over, and the solder should fill the gap of .011". Thanks for the idea of drilling out the welds; I may do that if I can't find a 23/32" bit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts