HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please look at the picture below as reference. Is my hammer out of spec? It seems to me to lean to the left and when compared to my P30 lem there is a huge difference in the amount of wobble(left to right), the p30 does not wobble at all and the 45 does!

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
HK had an unspecified number of out of spec LEM hammers that made their way to parts vendors. I had one. Call HK, explain the problem, and they should overnight one to you at no charge, like they did for me.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
If yours was delivered that way from the factory- not purchased as part of a conversion kit, that would be something I haven't heard before. Either way, I'm pretty sure they will take care of the problem.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Mine is a conversion, in my USP tac. It's so difficult to send it back because of my location.... grrrrr! it's exactly like this, wobbles left to right, and the pin mark on the hammer is off center. it works though, but annoying!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hammer on both my P2000 (made in 2008) and P2000sk (made in 2004) are closer to left, but not like yours.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
It's not defective at all. If the gun works and the hammer does it's intended duty, it is fine. There were some hammers with a slightly larger tolerance, and they lean a bit. All of my LEM guns, even the factory ones have a lean.

After putting a bunch of rounds through them, I read a thread about this perceived issue. Checked my guns and sure enough they lean. The guns have more than enough rounds to prove it is not an issue for my lot.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Not really sure what to do now. In hk cs response, they answered my question with A resounding NO there is nothing wrong. In the same response they ridiculed my picture by saying it was sideways and the hammer may be out of spec.

Of course I replied to the email asking what I should do because they left the door open that it may be defective. It has been 24 hours and no response as of yet...

If they just would have said it is fine, no worries, I surely would never have posted. I am very confused by the response I received.
Although mine easily had a more visible lean to it- actually touching the slide, I called and spoke with Travis, then emailed a picture, and a replacement was overnighted to me at no charge.

Although it WOULD have worked fine, it WAS NOT correct, that fact was fully acknowledged by HK, it WAS confirmed by HK that there were an undetermined amount of out-of-spec LEM hammers in existence, and the HK employee stood by their product and warranty, giving me 200% satisfaction.

If it truly leans, call them back and explain it further, or send the sole weapon in for an inspection.

·
Registered
410 Posts
i wonder if they would send me a hammer here in the Philippines, my uncle from FL sent me the LEM kit. mine works but definitely touches the left slide. it also makes an annoying vibrating sound when the hammer falls and hits the firing pin. can someone post where i could email travis my pictures?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts