HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Discoloration of the slide and metal parts. What causes this discoloration? Is this normal, just as the extractors on the numerous USP's seem to change to a goldish/brownish color?

All replies and help are greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance!

·
Premium Member
5,016 Posts
Given the age, I say looks pretty good. The plum color on slide release is normal, the finish on the slide is intact and doing what it is supposed to, just showing a little age. If you nitpick any pistol I am sure you can find variance in finish. These are designed to be shot, not ridiculed.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Gt is going to love this one.

Quick, someone get some nitroglycerin tabs ready for his heart attack he's about to have.

EDIT: Damn, he beat me to it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Given the age, I say looks pretty good. The plum color on slide release is normal, the finish on the slide is intact and doing what it is supposed to, just showing a little age. If you nitpick any pistol I am sure you can find variance in finish. These are designed to be shot, not ridiculed.

This is probably the answer I was looking for. I think I will post questions/discussions here first, from now on. Thank you very much for this helpful information!

·
Registered
815 Posts
I've seen this "plum" finish more typical on the P7 series...I've never seen on a USP.

As stated above - should not be an issue.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
That is a nice clean looking USP. If you can only see it under a bright light, then don't worry; shoot it and enjoy!

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
It's junk. Send it to me for proper disposal imediately.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
First, thank you all for your input. The reassurance is REALLY appreciated!

I have seen this on the P7 series also. This is also my first time ever seeing it on a USP. Just curious to know what exactly it was.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts