HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Always liked shooting the HK91s and MM21e/23e with the heavy rubber buttpad on the clubfoot stock. Another HK91 wandered in last month with a heavy rubber buttpad and heavy buffer on/in an A2 stock. Works well and shoots nice, however, when I go to put the rifle to my shoulder notice that it catches easier on the shirt and tends to hand up more ... not sure if did not notice on the other guns as was mostly shooting prone or if the club foot stock is shorter or just me getting older ;-).

For off hand shooting may have to go back to the standard stock, but first have to sort out the OAL of the the various stocks. Ideas, history and data points appreciated.

·
Registered
709 Posts
I find the standard hard plastic one a little short for me. That being said, I am 6' 6" and my dress shirts have 37" sleeves! I would like to try the rubber one. I suspect it would fit "ME" well. If I can find one locally I will let you know.

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
I hate the PTR A2 stock and am going to install a Magpul adjustable

For a GI type 91 I love the A3 stock and can't fathom the criticisms of it unless you're talking hours of full auto fire. I have an original German A3 and love it

·
Premium Member
1,525 Posts
Definitely increases the length a bit, not to mention it has more of a 'sharp' angle to it at the extreme top and bottom. I just bought one for my VKE-91K and installed it, but have not brought it to the range yet. Looks like you get about 30% more surface area than the standard plastic butt plate which should help spread out the recoil.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I got one on a SG1 stock(3/4'' longer than the A2) and have no problem with it. Though I'm 6'3 so that helps.

·
Registered
617 Posts
where is everybody getting the heavy rubber buttpads at?

with the addition of the heavy pad and the PCS heavy recoil buffer, what can I expect my recoil to be?

I really like shooting my 51, but I must admit, a little recoil reduction would be nice.

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
Being a large guy, the length of the A2 or the width of the buttpad isn't the issue, it sits way too high on my shoulder for the Eotech and any sort of cheek weld.. one size does not fit all. Thankfully Magpul has solved this issue

1 - 9 of 9 Posts