HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the evolution of HKs striker fired trigger system does his make the Lem trigger obsolete. I own both and looking to have a discussion on this topic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
83 Posts
Lots of threads popping up about good platforms and systems and their usefulness/relevancy.

To cut to the chase, I don't think it's obsolete. It's not for everybody, but I like it a lot. In broken down layman's terms, it's essentially a leverless, self decocking DA/SA with just the same pull weight every time. It's pretty simple too. Gonna upgrade my LEM to a Match Hybrid LEM here soon, stoked.

·
I Bleed Urban Gray
2,918 Posts
Just had @Marine0303 upgrade my USPc SS to light LEM. Since no striker option in USP line, I don't see how LEM could be obsolete. Looking for a P30L in light LEM now since that line is also not striker.

·
Priest of the P7
5,043 Posts
Oh enough with the "is this relevant or obsolete" derp.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I own both, and the LEM certainly takes time getting used to. The trigger pull starting from all the way out will definitely be odd.

I would say I shoot DA/SA V3 and the LEM V7 both quite well. Shooting for me is relatively the same with the exception of being only a little faster and more accurate on the first shot fired with the V7. Secondary note, it does feel good to have no external levers on the outside of the pistol. Going back and forth between the V3 and V7 USPs, the lever does get noticed -- not a big deal at all.

Gonna either convert my V7 or another NIB USP 9 I have coming to my FFL (couldn't resist) to the Hybrid Match LEM and see how I like that.

·
Registered
94 Posts
In before a thread shows up titled, "Is the HK VP9 still relevant?" or "Is the paddle mag release still relevant?"
You got it close. People who own VP9's are not relevant according to a sage source hereon. I am having trouble coping with it. Or not.

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
i have both the VP9 and severl LEM guns ( USP 45, P30 Lite LEM, and P2000sk LEM) and the LEM is growing on me. Outside HK circles I think the LEM and DAK from sig for that matter are lesser known and probably in the undesirable category compared to striker guns. I just dont see that many in the wild at gun shops.

In my experience, i shoot the Lite LEM/LEM trigger as good as i do the VP trigger.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
I had my 45C converted to LEM so it would be more similar to my VP9. Liked it so much bought a full size 45 LEM to go with it. Even my kids, including my 105lb daughter like shooting the 45s now.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I have both a P30L V1 and a VP40. In terms of pure shootability, I think that the VP striker action is easier and superior to shoot (I find both platforms to be equally superbly accurate). However, it's not always about ease of shooting per se as a crucial characteristic in platform selection. I find the LEM''s longer trigger take-up before hitting the break wall to be a bit more ideal for threat management, where, in an adrenaline-charged situation you might want a bit more of a speedbump, so to speak before firing a shot.

Accordingly, as an LEO tool, unless significant amounts (more) of training/practice are available, I think that the LEM action is a better one. Conversely, for many looking for pure ease of shootability, the VP striker action could be the superior action. There are pros and cons to both, but I don't think that one necessary obsoletes the other. It's more like providing opportunities to situationally tailor one's tool selection.

Best, Jon

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
My gun shop has a virtually new pre owned P30 Lem 9MM with HD sights. They will sell it to me for 650.00. Should I snatch it up?

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
With the evolution of HKs striker fired trigger system does his make the Lem trigger obsolete. I own both and looking to have a discussion on this topic.

No, it's the other way around. Strikers preceded LEM by decades; LEM made the next step in service triggers. Between that and being 15 - 20 years behind market's demands, the VP9 was born into the obsolescence.

·
Premium Member
446 Posts
I would think no considering only striker-fired pistols have "striker-fired triggers"... Thankfully, I don't believe hammer-fired pistols are going anywhere anytime soon... I like variety and options! :)

1 - 20 of 54 Posts