HKPRO Forums banner

Is the P30's hammer dipped in rubber? *EDIT - Now with pics of Robar NP3+ refinish*

6K views 24 replies 14 participants last post by  SemperFuzz 
#1 · (Edited)
I got my P30 back from Robar with NP3+ finish and the hammer has a rubber coating on half of it, and fom the way it's cut on the bottom of the hammer it looks factory. Have I just never noticed this?

#13 ·
I got in on April's deal of the month which was 15% off. Initial shipping was $50 to them, refinishing with return shipping was about $307. It was half for the hell of it to try something new and have something unique, all of my guns are flat black. The other half is this is my primary EDC and I wanted to have it be the best it possibly can be. I had them install some new Meprolights on there as well. Besides looking slick it's extremely corrosive resistant, it no longer requires lubrication, it simply wipes clean and the service life is significantly expanded

#21 ·
Internals as well. Everything the could apply it to has it.

Very nice Kev! Looks like it was worth the wait. Sorry for my ignorance - does their coating come in different colors?
Thanks. It absolutely was. They have different finishes and colors, even custom camo. Check out their site.

It rocks and rolls, how it looks. If the internals have been coated: Did it improve the way the trigger feels? (My V3's trigger feels OK, but would be even cooler, if it could be improved.)
The trigger still sucks but it's possibly smoother. I haven't squeezed it in 11 weeks or so I can't really recall. Plus I got a Sig a few weeks ago and have fallen in love with that trigger so I'm basically comparing everything to that now

#24 ·
Interesting process (after reading their website). I'm curious to see how well it wears. I'm a little skeptical of all gun coatings, to be honest. PTFE is basically like the nonstick coating on your frying pan I believe, though obviously Robar's is combined with something to make that coating very hard. I wonder how well it holds up against Cerakote and the like.

#25 ·
I have used Robar Np3 for 25 years it is the best stuff it is impregnated into the metal pores not sprayed on. i had a S&W 4506 done 22 years ago and it only shows a little holster wear/shine but can be shot with no lube all day long and cleaning is a breeze. Regarding the plastic Nob on the hammer my HK45 was done with NP3+ and they left the Nub on and it flew off when i racked the slide and no NP3+ underneath. I am sending them a new LEM hammer to redo as looking down at the untreated area is driving crazy ahahahha

For lower Polymer Guns Robar calls it the Norton Special for LEO and Military they Expedite your order from 8 weeks to 4 and discount i paid $ 339.00 for my HK-45 with 5 Mags done in NP3+

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.