HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
HK Lurker
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it Chrome Lined or Melonite? Or? Proof Marks of any kind? Date Codes? American or German Mfg.?
I need some clarification, if you all care to disclose and assist my education. Thanks.
Jim

·
HK Lurker
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No. MP5-N is 1/2x32. To make American customers happier, the thread pitch was changed to 1/2x28 on the SP5 and SP5K-PDW.
Thank you @Marine0303.
But are the dimensions the same as a Standard MP5 barrel, so it can used lets say in a preban HK94? Is it CL or Melonite and MORE IMPORTANTLY is it American Made or German Made? I understand the Navy/Commercial TPI that wasn't even a question. Thanks for any imput.

·
Registered
700 Posts
The only difference in the barrels should be the thread pitch as James already mentioned.

·
Teufelshund Tactical
7,224 Posts
Thank you @Marine0303.
But are the dimensions the same as a Standard MP5 barrel, so it can used lets say in a preban HK94? Is it CL or Melonite and MORE IMPORTANTLY is it American Made or German Made? I understand the Navy/Commercial TPI that wasn't even a question. Thanks for any imput.
They are German Manufactured.

·
Premium Member
632 Posts
Not nitrided(ML) or chrome lined either.
MM
It is my understanding that at the pressures and temperatures of 9mm, there isn’t a benefit to chrome or ML lining any 9mm subgun barrel. Given your experience across a huge sample of HK barrels in all calibers, would be interested in your thoughts and observations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Based on my very amateur understanding of nitriding, I would think that it certainly isn't a detriment, and would provide some additional corrosion/erosion resistance even if it's not "necessary". Chrome lined on the other hand can affect accuracy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts