HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i had one more weapon on my must have list before the election, yeh i watch to much news . it was between either the AR pistol or AK pistol . i probably was going yugo, i love my OPAP . next thing i know i'm looking at the SP5K on google, wikiarms and online gun stores . i could have bought the AK today no problem . at 12 noon lm on the phone putting $500 down on the SP5K and setting up a 60 day layaway with no fees and free shipping .

my favorite sidearms are my USP's and HK45's, reliability, craftsmanship and proven leo and military history make them worth every dollar !

is the SP5k all that and worth every dollar ?

yall's knowledge and experience is always appreciated .

·
Registered
155 Posts
I have been thrilled with mine. I was always an MP5 fan from afar, it was kind of my "dream gun" and once the SP5K was announced I was doing everything I could to keep from buying one. That didn't last more than a few months, and then I had to get it. I SBR'd mine (still waiting on approval, have the SB brace on it in the meantime) and am going to use it for USPSA competition as well as it's in my home defense arsenal. It's incredibly accurate for having a pistol-length barrel, I put a red dot on mine and have ran lots of competition drills with it at the range and it's very fast. The quality and "feel" is exactly what you'd expect from a genuine HK and I believe it will have solid residual value into the future as well.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
It comes with a lot of stuff, it is a good value. Once hilary comes to power it'll be banned again. Its time to buy.

SP5K - Heckler & Koch

·
Registered
1,145 Posts

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Not unless you're going to SBR it.
Some people would be happy with an MP5K clone compared to a MP5K-PDW clone.

·
Registered
491 Posts
yes, yes, yes. I have waited 26 years to get one. I was a poor college student back then when the SP89 came out. But now, I'm a rich adult and can buy anything.

·
Priest of the P7
5,319 Posts
Subjective, of course. A dollar is worth to some than others. I was so impressed with the first one, I bought another. When I saw the above linked-to post earlier in the day I nearly bought a third but was able to refrain.

·
Registered
26 Posts
To me it's worth it. AR and AK pistols are ok but I have never seen them with the overall quality of the HK sp5k.

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
I'd much rather have an sp5k (and I do) than an AK pistol... and I own a couple AKs including a factory sbr aks 74u

also.. sp5k has life time warranty... can't really beat that..

·
Registered
858 Posts
To me, having a genuine HK SP5K that was produced in Oberndorf by Germans justifies the additional $500-800 paid, esp. considering these come with 2 30rd HK mags and a sweet pelican case.

I picked up one of mine from Kentucky Co. for $2079 w/ free shipping when someone posted the link on this forum. Not sure if we'll ever see it that low again.

·
Registered
532 Posts
You'll be thanking yourself years from now when this small window of import opportunity has driec up and SP5Ks are selling far beyond what we saw with SP89s. One could argue that the SP89 had a long time to reach that stratospheric price, however where else can you get a brand new German host for less than a properly converted vintage pistol?

Just do it, and you'll quickly forget how much you paid for it, and focus on how much you enjoy owning one. They really shine as an SBR or sear host,...

·
Premium Member
1,127 Posts
As HK enthusiasts we should buy it regardless of practical intentions. That being said, if I couldn't stick a sear in it or convert it to sbr it would likely sit in the safe.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts