HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seeing the difference in barrel length...

4.09" for standard vs 4.7" for tactical. This is nearly identical to the difference in barrel length between the P30 (3.85") and P30L (4.45").

differences of 0.59" for VP9 and 0.61" for P30 (in case you didn't want to do math...)

I have never shot a pistol with a threaded barrel? does the increased barrel length contribute to accuracy?

or do you need the matching full-length slide?

just wondering?

·
Registered
6,689 Posts
I have never shot a pistol with a threaded barrel? does the increased barrel length contribute to accuracy?
No, not that you could tell . A threaded barrel is needed if you have a suppressor , and that's about it ( your sight radius don't change ). There isn't a VP9L at this point per se , but that's what the VP9 Tactical would be considered at this point. Will HK make a longer slide ? Who knows.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
No, not that you could tell . A threaded barrel is needed if you have a suppressor , and that's about it ( your sight radius don't change ). There isn't a VP9L at this point per se , but that's what the VP9 Tactical would be considered at this point. Will HK make a longer slide ? Who knows.
Makes sense about the sight radius!

Does a longer barrel inherently contribute to accuracy?

If you put them on the bench rest would the tactical have a tighter groups?

·
Registered
6,689 Posts
Makes sense about the sight radius!

Does a longer barrel inherently contributed to accuracy.

If you put them on the bench rest would the tactical have a tighter groups?
How much velocity would you pickup ? Not very much . If HK put an O-ring on the VP Tactical barrel , I could maybe see the benefit of a longer barrel , but they don't .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts