HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
are these any better than the ones currently installed on my Vector 93 ? will my trigger mechanism just drop in ?

upsides:

downside :

please advise:

·
Premium Member
8,625 Posts
are these any better than the ones currently installed on my Vector 93 ? will my trigger mechanism just drop in ?

upsides:

downside :

please advise:

If you're comparing the plastic factory HK lowers to factory metal ones, it's purely cosmetic. I have several of each, they all perform perfectly. But if you're comparing factory HK in either material to non-factory HK in either material, the factory one will likely fit better.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the plastic one seems too thin ? plus they did a crappy job on the molding as they don't quite align and there's a ridge all the way 'round. i doub it's original ?

I'll search for pics of 93's with this older style

·
Registered
886 Posts
There are some aftermarket commercial versions out there, they seem OK, but I have not fitted one to one of my rifles. Another thing to consider is that the safety lever will have to be changed out, the plastic version is slightly different. JLD has them.

Bill

·
Registered
872 Posts
Metal Trigger housing

Good question,

Pro's and Con's on this subject matter?

Light weight - does not retain as much heat - probable more ergonomic for certain portions of the population i.e. physical hands - More burst configurations to choose from (2-3) round - Will not rust on you

More all around durable - does not shatter in the cold (Arctic) - The biggest one that counts for me is the trigger is spaced farther in the trigger guard (Big Hands).

You may make a request on this board and ask the serious question from people like Bill Springfield, Big 50, Gillie Bear and Denny Williams, these individual's see more complete trigger housings and would be able to tell you there point of view on this matter.

Also ask the returning Vet's what they think of plastic in the field' that and the aforementioned individuals is who I would give serious stock to what they say.

What you should also be asking is how can it be made better

1 - 6 of 6 Posts