HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hate to say it, but part of the reason I chose HK is because of aesthetics and I can find no more attractive gun than the USP (specifically the USPc) It is just a beautiful work of functional art. I love my P2000sk, but the USP and USPc just have ever other gun I own beat. I wish the HK45 and P30 had the looks of the USP! /rant off.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
The USP series is definitely one of the most badass looking handguns on the market, especially the Tactical models. If you want a "beautiful work of functional art" then you need to look at the P7/ P7M8 :D.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you want a "beautiful work of functional art" then you need to look at the P7/ P7M8 :D.
I have tried to love the P7/ P7M8 / PSP. I have held it and looked it over, but I just dont like it. I know that makes me a bad HK owner...but the USP just wins hands down every time

·
Registered
5,470 Posts
USP are beautiful pistols - In my 'Top 3' :)

*1 - Colt 1911/A1

*2 - Browning P35

*3 - Heckler & Koch USP Series

·
Registered
510 Posts
Well, you know I LOVE HK but, for awesome beauty, I'd put this near the top

The Browning Medalist

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder...

I have always liked the looks of the USP/Mark23, even above the 1911's and Sigs etc... :D

·
Registered
123 Posts
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder...
You mean beer holder, right? :D

Personally, I don't think the USP would classify as a strictly "beautiful" gun. To me, a beautiful gun is something like a finely blued Hi-Power or Colt Python or a custom 1911. The USP has a no bullsh*t form follows function look to it, which has its appeal, but I wouldn't call it beauty.

·
Super Moderator
4,379 Posts
The USP series is definitely one of the most badass looking handguns on the market, especially the Tactical models. If you want a "beautiful work of functional art" then you need to look at the P7/ P7M8 :D.
Agree on the entire P7 family. Simple Teutonic Beauty.

·
Super Moderator
4,379 Posts
Well, you know I LOVE HK but, for awesome beauty, I'd put this near the top

The Browning Medalist
In an Opposite World (the one in which we Left-Handers dwell), that loses a lot of its beauty. I do admit it has nice lines.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I guess I will get flamed, but here goes...

Most Beautiful has to go to Beretta, especially Billennium, or EL. The 92 is dead sexy.

USPs do have very nice looking slides.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
1,921 Posts
I guess I will get flamed, but here goes...

Most Beautiful has to go to Beretta, especially Billennium, or EL. The 92 is dead sexy.

USPs do have very nice looking slides.

Your right......Your asking for it. ha ha

·
Registered
107 Posts
For some reason I think the extended base plates, like the ones on the tactical models, make a substantial difference in the appearance of the standard USPs vis-a-vis flat base plates. My standard USP (date code AG) came with the extended finger rest tactical mags for some reason instead of the standard flat ones. Which ones do you think LOOK better?

I'm glad mine came w/ the tactical ones, because I'm ordering USP 10 round mags from CDNN and they seem to only carry the tactical ones w/ the extended finger rest base plates...Now, they will all match. =)

·
Registered
70 Posts
I think USPs are most sexy when they've been beaten up a little. Silver high spots, variantion in the HE finish, few nicks and dings in the polymer.... That's when they're hot. They look like the owner might know how to use them.

Be afraid of the man with ONE beat up gun.

·
Registered
43 Posts
JLStorm

was wondering if the hand grip size on the p2000sk is close to size as the usp's i have a p2000, and like the fit, but a'm looking at the sk, have not seen one in the stores to hold and see.:80:

R58

·
Registered
94 Posts
I think USPs are most sexy when they've been beaten up a little. Silver high spots, variantion in the HE finish, few nicks and dings in the polymer.... That's when they're hot. They look like the owner might know how to use them.

Be afraid of the man with ONE beat up gun.
Well said.

·
Registered
196 Posts
If I had to choose a gun for its beauty, I would say Steyr LP10 in SS finish....
I don't shoot it anymore, but it is really beautiful to look at and you only wish they made it in 9mm or 22 for plinking.

·
Premium Member
425 Posts
USP's...
Handsome=Yes
Beautiful=No.

You need to have a fancy grip wood or otherwise to be beautiful.

Just look at Lunde's pistol website ~ you'll know what I mean.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts