HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody here locally? theres got to be more than just one.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I don't know man, you might be the only one.

If it makes you feel better, I may be heading out there for a week in December to visit my mother. That way you won't be so lonely.

Which island are you on?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nevada seems more friendly....

im on oahu. hawaii doesnt feel so much like paradise anymore. hopefully i can talk to my wife & kids and move to nevada where there are lots more hk family members to make us feel at home. this state is getting way to expensive and restrictive to live in. we could probably sell our house here and outright own a house there and find employment doing something much more enjoyable. my fingers are crossed.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yeah, I heard it was pretty expensive. Most people I've talked to told me that it is a beautiful and wonderful place to visit, but they couldn't live there.

I'm suprised how high the crime rate is as far as vehicles go. My mother was telling me that you can't leave ANYTHING in plain view when you leave your car or someone WILL break into it.

Good luck with your relocation (if the family lets you). I hope you can come over to the main land and join all of the other HK fanatics. But if you don't move, try to spread the HK love out in the middle of the the Pacific.

HipowerHK

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
your mom is right.
you cant leave anything in your car. even in broad daylight someone will steal your things. property crime is very high due to the high crystal meth abuse in hawaii. violent crime is slowly rising. sad but true. good news though, my wife is down with the move. we will be living in nevada in less than 6 months. working on the job transfer and housing stuff now and we are really looking forward to the move.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I in Hawaii as well. Sorry for the late response. So their is 2 peeps in here from Hawaii...For a while any way. Thell me about restrictive. A while ago I had a Firearm store and got squeezed out on a $10.00 permit. They said where I was was not zoned retail but I was surronded by retail establishments!! Go figure!?:90:

·
Registered
275 Posts
Howzit. After 31 years there I moved to Oregon four years ago. I froze my okole off at first, but you adapt. But Oregon is very gun and knife friendly. Machine guns, suppressors, switchblades, all legal here.

·
0 Posts
im on oahu. hawaii doesnt feel so much like paradise anymore. hopefully i can talk to my wife & kids and move to nevada where there are lots more hk family members to make us feel at home. this state is getting way to expensive and restrictive to live in. we could probably sell our house here and outright own a house there and find employment doing something much more enjoyable. my fingers are crossed.
Restrictive? Referring to guns? At least it's not as bad as the PRK (aka Kommiefornia). I was home (HI will always be home - Kalihi born & raised:43:) October of last year, at least there's still open mag AR's on the shelves for sale. Don't even get me started on the HK's available there.

·
Registered
383 Posts
One more...
Used to live in PRK (CA) but now I'm in HI.

I couldn't get much in CA, laws changed to fixed mag stuff.
Now I can pick up a 91, 93, 94, USC.
No MP-5 or SP-89 though - no SBR's 16" min.
How nice to be able to pick up a 91 again.

I'm going to...
As I learned in CA, one day the good stuff wont be on the shelf anymore.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Forgot to mention:
There are PROS & a lot of CONS about living in Hawaii.
Many people move here after spending vacations, but then realize its not the same.
It's a different world...

·
Registered
383 Posts
Gzire,
I'm a current P7 PSP & M1S90 owner- former SR-9 owner.
Working on adding a 91 or SR-9, & a USC.
Looking for reasonably priced shooters.

Let me know if you run across anything & let me know if you are looking for anything...

Which island?

·
Registered
383 Posts
mp2go1,
The fun shoot is on Oahu?
Who puts it on?
Have you done them before?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
durkn,
the funshoot is on oahu at the kokohead range. its put on by the hra(must be a member/$20per year membership and you can sign up there). they are done once a month. they offer different kinds of training and you can rapid fire and shoot stuff you normally cant on the regular side of the range. check here for some previous pics/info. kaneohegs.com >click the news tab >then the events tab. its fun. hope to see the hawaii guys there.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Gzire,
I'm a current P7 PSP & M1S90 owner- former SR-9 owner.
Working on adding a 91 or SR-9, & a USC.
Looking for reasonably priced shooters.

Let me know if you run across anything & let me know if you are looking for anything...

Which island?
I'm on Oahu.

I've got a 91 and am working on an SR9TC right now. I was hoping to get it to use this weekend, but I don't think I'll see it until next week. I'm looking to go and shoot at Kokohead this Saturday.

I've seen a CETME at Security Equipment. The quality is absolutely horrible, but I had to check it out to see what it looked like. It's definitely a 3rd world rifle.

As far as authentic HK's go, it's few and far between. I ran into an SR9T at Security Equipment last year. They wanted $4,500 for it. It was supposed to have been unfired. I found my used HK91 at Gun Source. I paid a pretty penny, but I've wanted one since the mid 80's, so I jumped on it. Those are the only two HK91's that I've seen in a long long time.

There are quite a few PTR-91's around. You'll see them mostly at Young Guns or Gun Source.

I wouldn't mind getting a 94 or 93, but I need time to let my bank account recover from the way I'm beating it recently.

The latest of the serious purchase thoughts I'm having is for a Savage Arms rifle in 308.
http://www.savagearms.com/10fpxp-hsprec.htm

I just need to do more research on it to see if it's worthwhile. I just don't know too much about bolt action rifles.

Anyhow, if you guys are interested, I'll be at the range this Saturday.

Kurt

·
Registered
383 Posts
I'm on Oahu.

I've got a 91 and am working on an SR9TC right now. I was hoping to get it to use this weekend, but I don't think I'll see it until next week. I'm looking to go and shoot at Kokohead this Saturday.

I've seen a CETME at Security Equipment. The quality is absolutely horrible, but I had to check it out to see what it looked like. It's definitely a 3rd world rifle.

As far as authentic HK's go, it's few and far between. I ran into an SR9T at Security Equipment last year. They wanted $4,500 for it. It was supposed to have been unfired. I found my used HK91 at Gun Source. I paid a pretty penny, but I've wanted one since the mid 80's, so I jumped on it. Those are the only two HK91's that I've seen in a long long time.

There are quite a few PTR-91's around. You'll see them mostly at Young Guns or Gun Source.

I wouldn't mind getting a 94 or 93, but I need time to let my bank account recover from the way I'm beating it recently.

The latest of the serious purchase thoughts I'm having is for a Savage Arms rifle in 308.
http://www.savagearms.com/10fpxp-hsprec.htm

I just need to do more research on it to see if it's worthwhile. I just don't know too much about bolt action rifles.

Anyhow, if you guys are interested, I'll be at the range this Saturday.

Kurt
I'm on the Big Island, so I wont be able to join you guys this weekend.

I was at SE last night & saw that CETME.
Whoa that thing is ugly - Worst finish i've ever seen

I also saw some PTR's & some HK 91's
PTR's are nice quality - the 91's were way overpriced...

SE had a USC-asked the guy to hold it while I called the owner.
Called back 5 min later & the guy sold it.
Not cool...

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
I'm surprised you saw some authentic 91's, I would've thought that most 91's would be the PTRs. I'm surprised at Security Equipment, usually they don't do that sort of stuff. At least they could've told you someone was interested in the gun, I doubt someone walked in 5 minutes after you saw the gun and bought it out.

·
Registered
383 Posts
The guy that bought it overheard my phone conversation with the guy at SE.
The guy that bought it was in the store standing at the counter.
I told the guy at SE I would call the owner & call right back with CC deposit.
I found it through an add in the paper - owner told me where it was.

I got a hold of owner & he told me they just sold it.
I told owner I thought it was me because I just talked to guy at SE & told him I'd call right back.

The guy at SE told me it was gone - guy at counter overheard our phone conversation.
Seems not right - he should have given me chance to call back & sold it after 1/2HR or 1HR.

I'll find one at another place & do business at other places...

1 - 20 of 102 Posts