HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fedex not delivering a new SP5 at the FFL today as promised? Horrible WX between GA and FL to blame. Turns out there is. I had to tell my nephew he has to wait another day.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Fedex not delivering a new SP5 at the FFL today as promised? Horrible WX between GA and FL to blame. Turns out there is. I had to tell my nephew he has to wait another day.
Yeah there are a lot worst scenarios... it got lost, stolen or damaged. Be glad its only 1 more day and not several weeks or never. And congrats on your new toy.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I have some ammo coming FedEx that’s been meandering around Georgia for days now. I don’t live in Georgia.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I had a barrel that was sent from Texas to Colorado; somehow it ended up in DC and Maryland before it finally made it to Colorado.....smh!! Congratulations on your new toy btw!

·
Registered
561 Posts
I've got a few for you,

Several years back I ordered a Kimber CDP Ultra. The shop that ordered it apparently billed it COD. It showed up and the owner hadn't left funds with the guys running the shop to accept the package just before the holiday weekend. So the gun remained in the possession of the shipper for another 4-5 days or so before it ended up at the shop and I got to examine it and do the paperwork. With CA's stupid 1 handgun a month rule at that time (now one firearm a month) it pushed back another purchase I had planned as my DL was expiring and needed to be renewed. This was when CA had changed the format of their DL and they were having problems with the contractor not being able to get them right. They had cut the old DL in half and it wasn't accepted for anything but driving with the receipt so no new firearms. I didn't get my new DL for about 4-5 months. By then the manufacturer's incentive on the other gun I was planning to buy was long gone.

NOT a complete gun but I ordered some gun parts a few years ago.
The shipper sent them FedEx. Somehow the address got mangled and they were addressed to a empty lot across town. FedEx apparently looked me up and 'corrected the address' or so they told me in a later phone conversation. At the time I was living in an apartment complex. They neglected to put my unit number on the 'corrected address'. They delivered the package to another random unit in my building, NOT my address, NEVER been my address and contended they had no further responsibility or liability in spite of the fact that they chose to put the wrong address on the package and deliver it to someone other than the person it was addressed to. I would have been more understanding if they'd thrown the box in the empty lot. They should have returned it to sender.

In that case it EVENTUALLY worked out ok in the end since, once I knew where the package ended up, I managed to catch the other resident at some point a couple weeks or more after it got delivered. He worked nights and had intended to take the (unopened) package back to FedEx but they were only open when he was normally asleep. It was a case of 'lucked out' since if FedEx had dropped it off at one of the other apartments on that end of the building the two potheads living there would have probably already thrown it out or pawned it.

I had a package of HK parts (Note: HK content!) shipped to my father back east. I'd done this before and the address was correct. My father was working in the yard when a police car turned in the driveway and the officer asked if he was himself. When he confirmed his name the officer delivered the OPENED package. For some reason the carrier managed to drop the box off down the road about a mile or two away from the ship to address. The guy at that address opened his unexpected bonus and saw the gun parts and freaked out and called the cops. Nothing illegal or improper in the package. I don't know if the guy opened the package by mistake and freaked out, or if he was a felon and wanted to turn it in to the cops to avoid the possibility of somebody setting him up in possession of something or what but in that case the delivery got completed by the police.

Last one, I ordered three sets of scope rings and some gun parts last year. According to the tracking number information: They left the facility in Illinois and traveled to Missouri, then returned to Illinois. This cycle repeated about three times over the space of about six days before I checked the tracking. Around that time the package managed to get headed west and showed up 3-4 days later here in CA.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I've got a few for you,

Several years back I ordered a Kimber CDP Ultra. The shop that ordered it apparently billed it COD. It showed up and the owner hadn't left funds with the guys running the shop to accept the package just before the holiday weekend. So the gun remained in the possession of the shipper for another 4-5 days or so before it ended up at the shop and I got to examine it and do the paperwork. With CA's stupid 1 handgun a month rule at that time (now one firearm a month) it pushed back another purchase I had planned as my DL was expiring and needed to be renewed. This was when CA had changed the format of their DL and they were having problems with the contractor not being able to get them right. They had cut the old DL in half and it wasn't accepted for anything but driving with the receipt so no new firearms. I didn't get my new DL for about 4-5 months. By then the manufacturer's incentive on the other gun I was planning to buy was long gone.

NOT a complete gun but I ordered some gun parts a few years ago.
The shipper sent them FedEx. Somehow the address got mangled and they were addressed to a empty lot across town. FedEx apparently looked me up and 'corrected the address' or so they told me in a later phone conversation. At the time I was living in an apartment complex. They neglected to put my unit number on the 'corrected address'. They delivered the package to another random unit in my building, NOT my address, NEVER been my address and contended they had no further responsibility or liability in spite of the fact that they chose to put the wrong address on the package and deliver it to someone other than the person it was addressed to. I would have been more understanding if they'd thrown the box in the empty lot. They should have returned it to sender.

In that case it EVENTUALLY worked out ok in the end since, once I knew where the package ended up, I managed to catch the other resident at some point a couple weeks or more after it got delivered. He worked nights and had intended to take the (unopened) package back to FedEx but they were only open when he was normally asleep. It was a case of 'lucked out' since if FedEx had dropped it off at one of the other apartments on that end of the building the two potheads living there would have probably already thrown it out or pawned it.

I had a package of HK parts (Note: HK content!) shipped to my father back east. I'd done this before and the address was correct. My father was working in the yard when a police car turned in the driveway and the officer asked if he was himself. When he confirmed his name the officer delivered the OPENED package. For some reason the carrier managed to drop the box off down the road about a mile or two away from the ship to address. The guy at that address opened his unexpected bonus and saw the gun parts and freaked out and called the cops. Nothing illegal or improper in the package. I don't know if the guy opened the package by mistake and freaked out, or if he was a felon and wanted to turn it in to the cops to avoid the possibility of somebody setting him up in possession of something or what but in that case the delivery got completed by the police.

Last one, I ordered three sets of scope rings and some gun parts last year. According to the tracking number information: They left the facility in Illinois and traveled to Missouri, then returned to Illinois. This cycle repeated about three times over the space of about six days before I checked the tracking. Around that time the package managed to get headed west and showed up 3-4 days later here in CA.
Damn. That is a real series of unfortunate events happened. I would say each is worse than the OP's scenario.

·
Registered
275 Posts
All things considered id be happy you got one and its in transit.

TN (and most of the south) was covered in ice and snow until Monday when it magically melted. I watched a FedEx truck get winched out of a flat parking lot Friday. Point being when I worked for FedEx years ago everything went to Memphis 1st. When weather was crazy they'd reroute freight and it might go to Atlanta instead or sometimes the trucks to send everything to Memphis were stuck in Nashville because I40 was closed and now your logistics chain is all messed up. We only had a little Itty bitty plane in a tiny facility that left BNA with priority freight that didn't make the truck so flying it out wasn't an option. Every vehicle minus the final delivery van scheduled to carry your box might have been in another state when the storm hit. It may be different at FedEx now but probably not much. Just a thought.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Not exactly a gift but he's paying less than retail. He's very excited to install all the accessories he's been buying for the last month. I have a looong list of wannabe sons and nephews already eyeballing my collection.

Update: It's on the truck for delivery

·
Registered
47 Posts
I’ve also had some meandering and stopped packages during the last week... it’s hard to watch it. The worst tease was one that was out for delivery to my FFL and then didn’t make there by closing time... then the wait the next day... but overall we really are very fortunate. I’ve got something nice arriving tomorrow perhaps...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Waiting on my SP5K-PDW $3k backorder to actually ship since August might come as a close second to this shipping delay.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Yes, clickbait which is becoming so increasingly annoying around the internet. Everything is a partial sentence, forcing the user to click on the title to learn more.

·
Registered
981 Posts
We're spoiled, I'll admit it too.

Remember going to a catalog center, ordering something, and waiting a month for it to arrive? Now we melt down if a delivery takes 3 instead of 2 days.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts