HKPRO Forums banner

Is this normal? USP 45 with some loose internals and rail wear.

3K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  Diltron3000 
#1 ·
Greetings.

I took one of my USP's out to the range today and was a little concerned when cleaning it. I noticed some wear on the plastic tabs near the rail guides. I also noticed that the black arm on the left side and parts near the hammer are loose. I can move them back and forth (see pics below) with my finger and want to know if this is normal. My other 45 has similar symptoms but my compact 40 does not. What do you all think?

Thank You

See less See more
#2 ·
Completely normal on the frame rails. It has left over plastic on the metal, that wears off after shooting. As for the bar, it is also normal that it flexes. It moves back and forth with the trigger, and it has an a connection at either end--it's gonna flex.

Nice grey frame BTW, how does the gun shoot?

#5 · (Edited)
Thank you for the quick replies. It is in excellent condition and I only have had about 300 rounds through her. It shoots very well I managed a 3 shot group of 1.5" at 20 yards today. The rest were not that tight. Never been holstered so the finish is still like new. I thought about selling it but then the OD 45 might get lonely.

You might not like it. Hard to keep clean :)

#6 ·
I don't blame you for wnating to hold on to it. They are one of a kind and with only 500 of them being made they are a definite rarity. Maybe some day one will come my way but until then I am happy with my all black HK's.

I think a color frame would be more telling as to showing where the grime is after shooting it making it easier to know you have cleaned everything. Huge plus in my book. Besides these guns were made to get dirty. :)

BTW you said you had some loose internals.. thats perfectly normal as well. On my USPc with the slide off hammer cocked I get a small amount of play on the catch/disconnector/sear actuator latch and it's definitely not an issue. With the hammer forward this goes away. It's been addressed on this forum numerous times and it's all came down to being perfectly normal. I think HK may have intended it this way to get less friction between parts thus making it last longer, thats my speculation.

#9 · (Edited)
You are right about the frame showing how dirty it really gets in some spots. The spot behind the trigger on the date code stamp turns completely black and takes quite a bit of work to get spotless. On my black USPs, I cant really tell. I give it a quick swab and move on.

I see these from timely time and maybe one will show up before I get to 30k rounds. At a rate if 100 or so per year, it could take me a while. I should take it out more.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.