HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really like the way my USP 45 works, but it's too large to carry. While the 2000SK fits my hand great, I don't like the controls, or lack of them. So is it possible to get a 2000SK that has the Var 1 lever on the left side with safety, & decock, w/o the rear decocker button. Is it even possible to assemble one with HK parts. To me that would be the ultimate carry gun. GARY N4KVE

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
There is no possibility to add manual, thumb safety to P2000SK using HK parts.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
I'll confirm what they said and interject one point of order. The P-series is a bit different when talking of variants. The P-series (P2000sk included) does have a V1 variant but it is light LEM and not the V1 that you are used to in the USP and HK45 series. As the gentlemen above have stated there is no variant for the P2000sk that features a manual safety and no reasonable way to add one. I just didn't want you to get confused if you read a sale ad for a V1 P2000sk and were thinking it had a safety like your USP.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I appreciate the replies. I wouldn't even care if it had no safety. Just the decock lever on the left side instead of the rear, like a var3. GARY N4KVE

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
I appreciate the replies. I wouldn't even care if it had no safety. Just the decock lever on the left side instead of the rear, like a var3. GARY N4KVE
Basically you're limited to 2 choices with the P2000sk. LEM and V3 with the decocking button at the rear.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I alternate carry depending on cover garments between p2000sk 327sig da/sa and usp 45 variant 1. I have been doing this for several years and have had zero issues with manual of arms during training. I'm feeling a bit stupid because it did not occur to me until you asked the question that my p2000sk has no manual safety. I can't remember if I have ever engaged the safety on my usp. I have long practiced the double action first shot and always carry decocked.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OK, let me rephrase my question. I absolutely hate the decocker on the rear of the 2000 series gun. So is it possible to get the LEM 2000SK which has no decocker, & replace the trigger parts to get the single/double action gun w/o the rear decocker? GARY N4KVE

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
OK, let me rephrase my question. I absolutely hate the decocker on the rear of the 2000 series gun. So is it possible to get the LEM 2000SK which has no decocker, & replace the trigger parts to get the single/double action gun w/o the rear decocker? GARY N4KVE
No. Without the decocker you would essentially have a SAO gun with no safety. That would be inherently more prone to having a ND. You can get it in Light LEM which is similar to the pull weight of the SA pull, just with a long initial pull and no decocker.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
So you'd want a SAO gun with no safety? Playing with fire if you ask me...

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
absolutely hate the decocker on the rear of the 2000 series gun.
Ok. I'll bite. Why?
What is it about the small button that's so offensive that having a control lever would be a better option?

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok. I'll bite. Why?
What is it about the small button that's so offensive that having a control lever would be a better option?
I just don't like the decocker back there. If you look at a 2000 it seems there is a plugged hole where the lever would go on a USP. I really love the way the 2000SK fits in my hand, but I despise the rear decocker. I play with them at work, & try to get used to it, but after 6 months, still no love. GARY N4KVE

·
Registered
44 Posts
I picked up my p2000sk 357sig from the local hk armorer who was selling it to buy a new p2000sk 357sig LEM. He was selling because he did not know a way to change over to LEM. So either he is not a very good hk armorer or the answer is no.

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
I picked up my p2000sk 357sig from the local hk armorer who was selling it to buy a new p2000sk 357sig LEM. He was selling because he did not know a way to change over to LEM. So either he is not a very good hk armorer or the answer is no.
Someone please correct me if I am wrong. There's no easy way to convert a non-LEM P2000SK to LEM, without leaving a gap on the left side of the slide, if you can locate the LEM parts for the gun in the first place.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
The "decocker" on the P2000 V3 is actually the tail of the sear. When you press it you're tripping the sear. Since neither the Firing Pin Block, nor Catch move the pistol decocks rather than fires.

There are non-HK kits to convert P2000 V3 to LEM. Not sure if retaining the decocker is an option with them or not.

-- Chuck

1 - 16 of 16 Posts