HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw this one and thought it looked great...is this a realistic price or this a bit high? I have heard his are the "best" or at least in the top couple people that do them...So just asking the people that know...YOU !

Thanks

GunBroker.com auction # 89923579

·
Registered
4 Posts
You will not find a nicer more talented H&K MP5 gunsmith.

I saw this one and thought it looked great...is this a realistic price or this a bit high? I have heard his are the "best" or at least in the top couple people that do them...So just asking the people that know...YOU !

Thanks

GunBroker.com auction # 89923579
Terry is a "Master" at building H&K MP5's. His work is outstanding and on top of that he is HONEST!! He takes a bit longer for his work but without a doubt it is worth it. Like you heard,he is the best!! I am a very satisfied customer of his for many years.

Mike Galvin
East Tennessee

·
Registered
138 Posts
You know I was looking at this action and thinking the same thing...

I feel as if it is “All-the-Money” but I can’t help but think, if you are going to own a Form 1 gun and have to engrave your silly name and address on a beautiful HK94 this is one of the best.

Most Form 1 guns are worth less then an original obviously because most people don’t want “Harry Faggart. Smithville, VT” engraved all over the side of their rifle.

So what else would be better in the Form 1 world then having one with Terry’s name on it? He is in most Class 3, HK collectors opinions one of the masters.

·
Premium Member
1,117 Posts
I didn't look at the add but

My T. Dyer 94 to SBR 94 (MP5) was 1000.00 a year ago and I used a 2500.00 DOJ gun for the conversion and it's absolutly awesome.

And the real kicker, 5 weeks to get the gun back. I had gotten form 1 approval before I sent it to him.

·
Registered
10,243 Posts
5 weeks to get the gun back.
What, are you like related to him? Got some real outstanding dirt on him? How the hell did you get it back in less than half a year? He redid my 51 and it took all of about 7 to 8 months and only after I started bugging him.

The work turned out great, but I have a hard time believing that one.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I think its way overpriced. Its not worth more than $4500 tops.

DOJ $3300 plus $1000 to $1200 for the conversion.

I have a TSC machine DOJ and its looks awesome.

Terry does great work but others can do the same thing.

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
What, are you like related to him? Got some real outstanding dirt on him? How the hell did you get it back in less than half a year? He redid my 51 and it took all of about 7 to 8 months and only after I started bugging him.

The work turned out great, but I have a hard time believing that one.
Terry runs in batches, so if he is doing a run of HK53s or MP5 and you get yours in at the start, can go a little faster.

Regards
John

·
Registered
230 Posts
Terry built my MP5-N (among others) with all factory german parts (which I supplied for the build). Yes, he is slow, but the gun is perfect in every way.

That said. That is way over priced for what it is. First, despite what the ad says, the lower is not "sear ready" and there is no mention of another lower. Also, if Terry supplied a "new" barrel, more than even money says that is an Urbach barrel, which is just not worth the same money as a factory barrel (although Urbach barrels are top of the line IMHO, I only would use one if I cant get factory, such as my MSG-90).

Very good gun, but $6K. They are looking for a sucker or a guy with $$$$ and no patience.

My $0.25

·
Premium Member
8,625 Posts
Terry runs in batches, so if he is doing a run of HK53s or MP5 and you get yours in at the start, can go a little faster.

Regards
John
And also, an MP5 build is a lot easier than a 53 or even a G3K. The biggest difference is that the cocking tube doesn't have to be cut off, carefully aligned and welded back into place. So they're even easier to done when done in batches.

But when I contacted Dyer back in Feb 07, he told me he wasn't taking any more work. I wasn't sure if he meant permanently or just until he caught up.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I dont understand.........

there was just a MP5 that sold on here for $6,100.

So the guy that sold it, you are calling a "crook", and the guy that bought it a "Fool"?

It is worth what some one is willing to pay for it. Mine is being done by TD now, and in every experience, there has never been a flaw in anything that I have seen him do. Why do people buy a "Rolex" mainly because it is a "Rolex". We all realize that there are better, but alot is "in the name".

Unlike SOME watches, TD has the reputation and proof, in his work, that all of his work is done right.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Sorry to bump an old thread, but I had to ask people who know better than I do.

I just got a quote for a T. Dyer HK-94 SBR conversion for $8,495.00. Is there anything that would make this so expensive? I've seen uncoverted HK-94s go for $4,500, and conversion services from anywhere between $1,000-$1,500!

What gives?

·
Premium Member
8,625 Posts
Sorry to bump an old thread, but I had to ask people who know better than I do.

I just got a quote for a T. Dyer HK-94 SBR conversion for $8,495.00. Is there anything that would make this so expensive? I've seen uncoverted HK-94s go for $4,500, and conversion services from anywhere between $1,000-$1,500!

What gives?
Unless that's a pre-86 dealer sample full-auto, it's way too high. You're right, you could get a new in box 94 for $4500 and a $1,000 conversion.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Unless that's a pre-86 dealer sample full-auto, it's way too high. You're right, you could get a new in box 94 for $4500 and a $1,000 conversion.
Hmm, That's what I suspected. I've never gotten anything from autoweapons.com--now I know why most of their ads say to "email for pricing"! As far as I could tell, it's just your run of the mill semi-auto conversion. I'll keep looking.

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
And also, an MP5 build is a lot easier than a 53 or even a G3K. The biggest difference is that the cocking tube doesn't have to be cut off, carefully aligned and welded back into place. So they're even easier to done when done in batches.

But when I contacted Dyer back in Feb 07, he told me he wasn't taking any more work. I wasn't sure if he meant permanently or just until he caught up.
I don't know if Terry knows either ;-). Have been very pleased with everything he has done.
Comparing welds with magnification is is easy to tell factory guns from either Terry or a local team ... the factory welds have more porosity, however, have not sacrificed an HK for cross sectioning ;-).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts