HKPRO Forums banner

is upper shipment legal

5K views 26 replies 10 participants last post by  jsbsmarine 
I don't do it. The upper on a hk clone is the firearm. it's better to install the Ca parts take some pics and send it has a whole rifle to the ffl.. you can also call CA DOJ to make sure Bro..
Does anyone care to post an opinion on whether you can ship a Century C93 223 caliber upper only to a california ffl and the remaining pieces to a buyers home? Supposedly you can avoid having the mag lock installed doing it this way and it would fall on the buyer to do this before reassembling the rifle.

Just looking for comments.

Thanks

maybe this will help

12275 thru 12290 Assault Weapons - Dangerous Weapons Control Laws - Bureau of Firearms - California Dept. of Justice - Office of the Attorney General

Assault Weapon Generic Characteristics (Penal Code Section 12276.1)

not just base on the list but also base on the characteristcs of the weapon.

http://oag.ca.gov/sites/all/files/p...de3d3ca-5ae3-451d-a4ce-7539bb4fbb3c/7/hilite/

Generic Characteristics Defining Assault Weapons:​
12276.1 (a) Notwithstanding Penal Code section 12276, “assault weapon” shall also mean the following:Rifles​
(1) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and any one ofthe following:(A) A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon.(B) A thumbhole stock.(C) A folding or telescoping stock.(D) A grenade launcher or flare launcher.(E) A flash suppressor.(F) A forward pistol grip.(2) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has a fixed magazine with the capacity to accept more than 10rounds.(3) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has an overall length of less than 30 inches.​
Note: Bayonets and bayonet lugs are not assault weapon characteristics under California law.​

hope this help.. just be safe .

if someone find a copy of the CA law on bullet button and that you can ship just a rec upper into the state . please send me a copy I would love add it to are books.. or can show me were to find it can Ca laws.
thank you guys I just can't find it.

maybe this will help

12275 thru 12290 Assault Weapons - Dangerous Weapons Control Laws - Bureau of Firearms - California Dept. of Justice - Office of the Attorney General

Assault Weapon Generic Characteristics (Penal Code Section 12276.1)

not just base on the list but also base on the characteristcs of the weapon.

http://oag.ca.gov/sites/all/files/p...de3d3ca-5ae3-451d-a4ce-7539bb4fbb3c/7/hilite/

Generic Characteristics Defining Assault Weapons:​
12276.1 (a) Notwithstanding Penal Code section 12276, “assault weapon” shall also mean the following:Rifles​
(1) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and any one ofthe following:(A) A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon.(B) A thumbhole stock.(C) A folding or telescoping stock.(D) A grenade launcher or flare launcher.(E) A flash suppressor.(F) A forward pistol grip.(2) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has a fixed magazine with the capacity to accept more than 10rounds.(3) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has an overall length of less than 30 inches.​
Note: Bayonets and bayonet lugs are not assault weapon characteristics under California law.​

The answer to your question is in your previous post!
If you ship a barreled upper w/o flash hider on barrel how can it be defined as an assault weapon per your quote of CA law?

C93 have the A grenade launcher on the barrel also . CA laws are not right in my book but I do not live in Ca.. All we have to go By is CA laws so if you or someone can show us the Ca laws stating in ok .. then there is no problem. I for one just do not like doing deals on hear say. I sure ca as one I just can't find it to put in my book and Iam a DOJ approve FFL. I ask the Doj and this is the laws they sent me..

This is going to be about as close as you can get. http://www.calguns.net/caawid/flowchart.pdf

You can reference all the penal codes for more in-depth information.
I know it’s not what you are looking for, but it’s a good reference tool to stay legal in this state.
thank you sir.. that more infor maybe I can find a ca law from this ..
but by this the c93 grenade launcher ring would have to be removed.
By Generic Characteristics Defining Assault Weapons Ban The rec would have to have the Grenade ring removed before shipping to a Dealer .

No laws regarding Bullet Buttons because they came after the CA AW law but we been using it for years and CA DOS is powerless to stop us now. Maybe you can spend some time on CALGUNS perhaps will convince you to ship to CA again. Thanks
was the law pass in 1989 , I see they update in 2008 but no change . Crazy Bro just Crazy..

2008 Dangerous Weapons Control Law

I wish bro . but are lawyer stated to us not till we have clearification from Doj

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.