HKPRO Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
2,002 Posts
Hey guys: {caveat...not my auction, not promoting}

Isn't this a no no in the eyes of ATF? And as an FFL, shouldn't he know better? Not bashing.....just confirming.

Pre ban ct. Legal as new HK sp89. Unused : Semi Auto Pistols at GunBroker.com
Depends on what kind of FFL he holds. Yes, selling a pistol with a FWD Vert Grip is FALLS UNDER THE PURVIEW OF THE NFA IF BUYER DOESNT HOLD PROPER FFL or doesn't register it as an AOW. Selling them together also is considered Constructive Intent. While I don't feel it is a major infraction he should definitely know better, but?? I heard about someone shipping an Open Bolt MAC 10 pistol to an FFL via USPS PRIORITY MAIL recently, A No No!!

THE FFL SHOULD KNOW BETTER!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
It would only be an NFA item if overall length is less than 26". Since I'm pretty sure that's the case here then yes it looks like an AOW

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's what I thought....and yeah....it's DEFINATELY less than 26". Thanks guys

·
Premium Member
883 Posts
I'm sure someone else already has, but I messaged the guy on GB to tell him to take it down. Hopefully he does so before he gets more unwanted attention from our friends in DC.

·
Registered
176 Posts
But...but...but...he's been doing it for 32 years.:confused:

And the front pin hole as stated above, wow.

He was probably super excited when the shady guy who sold it to him only wanted $500.

Must be 32 years of selling FUDD guns.

·
Registered
266 Posts
"I am also a class 3 dealer and a class 2 manf. The pics show the vertical. For grip but does not come with the sale. This gun can also be sold as a class 3 aow If you want it that way or with a stock and reg. As a short brl. Rifle. Price will be an addl. cost if sold as such and all batf Nfa paperwork must be completed. Pistol comes with one mag and the ORIGL. HK forend not included is the vertical. Forend"

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
"I am also a class 3 dealer and a class 2 manf. The pics show the vertical. For grip but does not come with the sale. This gun can also be sold as a class 3 aow If you want it that way or with a stock and reg. As a short brl. Rifle. Price will be an addl. cost if sold as such and all batf Nfa paperwork must be completed. Pistol comes with one mag and the ORIGL. HK forend not included is the vertical. Forend"
Wait a minute....is this your gun/auction? If so, does that have the hole drilled in the mag well? I mean has the shelf been milled off too and/or is it present?

·
Registered
691 Posts
I read the New Haven Register article in the second link. This guy may think he is helping to educate the gun banning statist legislators, but in reality all he is doing is giving the enemy more information that they can use to pass more sweeping bans. There is no educating or convincing such people about the folly (and frank unconstitutionality) of their efforts. It's analogous to the Jews of nazi Germany trying to educate the SS as to why the Jews are good people and shouldn't be led to the slaughter.

·
Merchant of Death (Admin)
11,854 Posts
This has ceased to be an HK discussion.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.