HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to create a warning post about RKS USA. I placed an order 4/22/2019 for 2 things that were “in stock.” Knowing that RKS was very slow, I placed my order anyways. Past reviews and other posts said they were very slow but always reliable, so I wasn’t too worried about it. Well fast forward 2 years and my order is still processing and I haven’t recieved the order I placed yet. I have contacted RKS a total of 7 times about an order status update. They were fairly quick to respond to nearly every email saying it would be in my hands “by the end of the month.” It started with Raquel responding, and now I have Javier. I’ve counted it as a loss a long time ago, but one day it might magically show up. I’m only writing this as a warning for anyone else that’s considering them. From my experience I wouldn’t. I hope this is the right place for this post. If it’s not please move it to the right spot.

Thanks!
-Darren

·
Premium Member
1,000 Posts
RKS is a sh!tshow and I refuse to give them any of my business. I had dealings with Racquel and she’s a complete idiot. Avoid at all costs.

·
Some gun guy
176 Posts
It took about eight months to get what I ordered, but it did finally show up. G36 bipod, handguard, and top rail. I found out after ordering that it would take forever. Sorry to hear you're on the short end of the stick.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Yeah I'm having the same issues with them. 2 months ago I ordered 2 "in stock" items and they said will be delivered soon. " It's being shipped from over seas" freaking bullcrap!

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

·
Registered
339 Posts
2 years? WTF! That’s insane. That’s an (IGF) Investment Grade Firearms wait.....when there was an IGF.

·
Registered
231 Posts
so let me get this straight you waited 2 years for a "in stock item", and still didn't get it..........dude, if I didn't get it by month one, I would have have e-mailed or phoned them and told them to refund my CC, ASAP ...........like as soon as you get done reading this e-mail or when I hang up the phone, or I would contact my CC company and do a charge back on your company

after 2 fricken years I don't believe you can do that now.........you're out whatever the item cost you.

most normal people would have done that within a reasonable time for non-delivery..............not wait for 2 years then complain they didn't get their item

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
I am quite certain most of us will not even wait 2 month..

Now, ordering a Sp5k PDW or Honey Badger and be on the waiting list at LGS is a different story.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
so let me get this straight you waited 2 years for a "in stock item", and still didn't get it..........dude, if I didn't get it by month one, I would have have e-mailed or phoned them and told them to refund my CC, ASAP ...........like as soon as you get done reading this e-mail or when I hang up the phone, or I would contact my CC company and do a charge back on your company

after 2 fricken years I don't believe you can do that now.........you're out whatever the item cost you.

most normal people would have done that within a reasonable time for non-delivery..............not wait for 2 years then complain they didn't get their item
No I emailed them 2 weeks after no shipping email. I email them regularly with the same response.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Thanks for letting us know. I was about to buy the SL8 to XM8 conversion kit by Tom Bostic from them because they are the only ones selling that here in Europe. I guess i better back out of this!

·
Registered
231 Posts
No I emailed them 2 weeks after no shipping email. I email them regularly with the same response.
OK, then why on earth wasn't your next move, to your CC issuer to cancel the transaction and retrieve the money? you made a good faith effort to get the product and they blew you off.

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
The best way to work with RKS is to contact them ahead of ordering anything & ask if the item is PHYSICALLY in stock. They will usually give you the count of how many they have or say it will need to be special ordered. Things I’ve ordered that I’ve confirmed ahead of time as in stock have always shipped out in 1-2 weeks. That’s my 2 cents.

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
Just wanted to create a warning post about RKS USA. I placed an order 4/22/2019 for 2 things that were “in stock.” Knowing that RKS was very slow, I placed my order anyways. Past reviews and other posts said they were very slow but always reliable, so I wasn’t too worried about it. Well fast forward 2 years and my order is still processing and I haven’t recieved the order I placed yet. I have contacted RKS a total of 7 times about an order status update. They were fairly quick to respond to nearly every email saying it would be in my hands “by the end of the month.” It started with Raquel responding, and now I have Javier. I’ve counted it as a loss a long time ago, but one day it might magically show up. I’m only writing this as a warning for anyone else that’s considering them. From my experience I wouldn’t. I hope this is the right place for this post. If it’s not please move it to the right spot.

Thanks!
-Darren
Did you ever just ask for a refund? I have always received one from RKS when i have asked.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Same experience... after two maybe three months I politely asked for a refund and they refunded my money within 24 hrs. I don’t even consider them when hunting for parts anymore.

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
They say patience is a virtue but 2 years! I'd be max a month on an in stock item and that would be pushing it.

Thanks for the heads up but this companies reputation should dismiss them from any consideration for purchase.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I placed my first order with them for just the RAL8000 selectors back in October 2020..and have been also told in February that it'll be sent at the end of the month. Now in April and still nothing.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I was going to start my own thread regarding my RKS issue today as well, I wasn't where to start the thread either, but I might just tack it on here.

I called and asked Raquel if they had G36 dual sight carry handle in stock, she said "Yes, We have them in the warehouse ready to ship." on 3/29/2020 over the phone.

I would check in every month, first, it was "It's actually in our warehouse in Spain", then she said I will get it before Memorial Day, then the end of the month, Labor Day, Halloween, Thanksgiving. During October, she said it is actually in Houston at their importer warehouse doing importer paperwork. Then silence.

And now here we are, a year later, I still don't have it.

They stopped answering emails. When I call I get a guy answering, I didn't catch his name.

I am considering suing them in Florida Small Claims Court just out of spite and disrupt their business and make their attorney work for their retainer fee.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Kinda glad I didn't place my large order with them. Last time I ordered in 2019 I cancelled because they did not answer my emails or phone calls. This was after ordering springs that were "in stock" and waiting over 2 weeks. Good thing AMEX gave me a charge back. I had a similar situation where a gun company in CA did not ship the firearm until 8 months later and they only ship half the order! Tried a charge back for what was missing. Customer service rep can't do it after that long. I doubt OP can do a charge back after two years. Now its just a waiting game.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Has anyone ever had them refuse a refund request?
I've had an order pending with them for over a year now. They have sent me the smaller parts in the order, presumably as they get them in.
They have always been responsive to my bi-monthly order status emails. I'm courteous too, so that probably doesn't hurt in prompting a response.
Either way, a less than ideal business practice to say the least. NFA form approval wait times are appealing in comparison. Haha

·
Registered
423 Posts
Seems like a bunch of whiners. Your alternative is not to get the item in the USA. Ordered many 000's worth of items, they always ship and if something takes longer than expected they happen to switch. Yes some items you wait 4-6 months for (because you cant find it in the usa), but never not got an item. And I have never not had them reply an email - every in many years.

This whole culture of "i want it now" is rather pathetic.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts