HKPRO Forums banner

Issues with RKS-USA (Buyer Beware)

17K views 46 replies 31 participants last post by  horstpbeck 
#1 ·
Just wanted to create a warning post about RKS USA. I placed an order 4/22/2019 for 2 things that were “in stock.” Knowing that RKS was very slow, I placed my order anyways. Past reviews and other posts said they were very slow but always reliable, so I wasn’t too worried about it. Well fast forward 2 years and my order is still processing and I haven’t recieved the order I placed yet. I have contacted RKS a total of 7 times about an order status update. They were fairly quick to respond to nearly every email saying it would be in my hands “by the end of the month.” It started with Raquel responding, and now I have Javier. I’ve counted it as a loss a long time ago, but one day it might magically show up. I’m only writing this as a warning for anyone else that’s considering them. From my experience I wouldn’t. I hope this is the right place for this post. If it’s not please move it to the right spot.

Thanks!
-Darren

#2 ·
RKS is a sh!tshow and I refuse to give them any of my business. I had dealings with Racquel and she’s a complete idiot. Avoid at all costs.

#4 ·
Yeah I'm having the same issues with them. 2 months ago I ordered 2 "in stock" items and they said will be delivered soon. " It's being shipped from over seas" freaking bullcrap!

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

#32 ·
delta with both RKS

Dealt with both RKS and IGF. RKS is just a mess took a year for my order and IGF required the help of law enforcement to get back my MR 556 conversion. Funny but when i asked the forms about this problem I got lite up by FAN BOYS the guy IGF could do no wrong and I was the fault? Luckily their are other to work with be carful

#7 · (Edited)
so let me get this straight you waited 2 years for a "in stock item", and still didn't get it..........dude, if I didn't get it by month one, I would have have e-mailed or phoned them and told them to refund my CC, ASAP ...........like as soon as you get done reading this e-mail or when I hang up the phone, or I would contact my CC company and do a charge back on your company

after 2 fricken years I don't believe you can do that now.........you're out whatever the item cost you.

most normal people would have done that within a reasonable time for non-delivery..............not wait for 2 years then complain they didn't get their item

#12 ·
The best way to work with RKS is to contact them ahead of ordering anything & ask if the item is PHYSICALLY in stock. They will usually give you the count of how many they have or say it will need to be special ordered. Things I’ve ordered that I’ve confirmed ahead of time as in stock have always shipped out in 1-2 weeks. That’s my 2 cents.

#17 · (Edited)
I was going to start my own thread regarding my RKS issue today as well, I wasn't where to start the thread either, but I might just tack it on here.

I called and asked Raquel if they had G36 dual sight carry handle in stock, she said "Yes, We have them in the warehouse ready to ship." on 3/29/2020 over the phone.

I would check in every month, first, it was "It's actually in our warehouse in Spain", then she said I will get it before Memorial Day, then the end of the month, Labor Day, Halloween, Thanksgiving. During October, she said it is actually in Houston at their importer warehouse doing importer paperwork. Then silence.

And now here we are, a year later, I still don't have it.

They stopped answering emails. When I call I get a guy answering, I didn't catch his name.

I am considering suing them in Florida Small Claims Court just out of spite and disrupt their business and make their attorney work for their retainer fee.

#18 ·
Kinda glad I didn't place my large order with them. Last time I ordered in 2019 I cancelled because they did not answer my emails or phone calls. This was after ordering springs that were "in stock" and waiting over 2 weeks. Good thing AMEX gave me a charge back. I had a similar situation where a gun company in CA did not ship the firearm until 8 months later and they only ship half the order! Tried a charge back for what was missing. Customer service rep can't do it after that long. I doubt OP can do a charge back after two years. Now its just a waiting game.

#19 ·
Has anyone ever had them refuse a refund request?
I've had an order pending with them for over a year now. They have sent me the smaller parts in the order, presumably as they get them in.
They have always been responsive to my bi-monthly order status emails. I'm courteous too, so that probably doesn't hurt in prompting a response.
Either way, a less than ideal business practice to say the least. NFA form approval wait times are appealing in comparison. Haha

#20 ·
Seems like a bunch of whiners. Your alternative is not to get the item in the USA. Ordered many 000's worth of items, they always ship and if something takes longer than expected they happen to switch. Yes some items you wait 4-6 months for (because you cant find it in the usa), but never not got an item. And I have never not had them reply an email - every in many years.

This whole culture of "i want it now" is rather pathetic.

#21 · (Edited)
You sir only had to wait 4-6 six months to get your orders, and have “never not got an item.” That’s not the results the members in this post is expressing. I would suggest you back up with your high and mighty attitude and actually read there post replies to get a since of what they have been or has had to deal with. Oh wait... you don’t care... your sole reason for replying to this post was to label everyone above your reply “a bunch of whiners” because they where expressing there dissatisfaction for very good reason... and you have the nerve to utter the word “pathetic” ??? Lol!

So what if they’re parts you can’t get in the US ??? What good are those parts if there never delivered, or your emails go unanswered in the case of some of the other members.

Better yet since you’ve got so much pull with getting your parts so timely why don’t you call the guys up and put in a good word for them to get there items expedited as opposed to name calling and minimizing there legitimate concerns.

As far as I have seen you’re the only one in this topic “whining” and the only thing in this post that is “rather pathetic” is post #20.

#24 ·
H&K parts aren't even available in Germany. I can't find a single dealer in Germany that is able to deliver a HK ambi Bolt catch.

Everyone who claims to have anything of H&K on stock is plain and simple lying.

With H&K the general rule is that whenever someone claims to have items in stock, they are obviously lying. That something of H&K is actually available on stock is the absolute exception and not the rule.

Waiting for orders for over 2 years is the absolute wrong signal that you are giving them and showing them how desperate you are. Meanwhile the dealer is patiently earning interest on the advance payments you gave him.

It is an absolute disgrace that dealer are able defraud customers and to advertise items on stock, that they infact don't have without any punishment.

Buy only local and in person and buy it only if the item is on stock, if not, just walk away and get an alternative.

The only arms dealers that are honest to me, are the ones, that I talk to in person face to face. Everyone else, promises me everything I ask for.

You make it easy for the dealer if you buy from far away and he has never to worry you knocking on his door. I'm willing to pay a few bucks more for the security of picking the guns or parts up in person and exchange it for money on spot.

#27 ·
In my experience most online dealers operate that way. Arms dealers will list every gun ever created on their website without any option to limit the search to only available items, so that if you search for it, you end up on their website.

And then even if they don't have the gun you want available, they will either talk you into making an advance payment, or talk you into buying some holster or stuff.

Dishonest gun dealers are the majority. It's worse than with used car dealers. They at least have the cars on stock.

#28 ·
Waiting for 2 years is whining? Have to love the internet and the people with expectations they themselves can't even meet. Oh, you wouldn't complain about waiting 2 years for a part? Let's hear about the rest of your character in situations that make you uncomfortable big shot.

My bad if osbornec is trolling, but there are too many "I'm right" people on the internet that need to reevaluate themselves before they hit post.

#33 ·
I have placed two or three orders in total. One of them took six to eight months, but I got the P30 LEM kits I wanted finally.
However, in one of them, they have messed up some axles for springs.
I sent them an email and I got the right items rather quickly.

#37 ·
Well -- ordered January 2021, and finally cancelled my order last week...after about 30 emails saying it would be here any day, to they were stripping complete parts in the US to ship it out, to I can pre-order a totally different item. LOL was a lot of fun, thank you for the memories RKS "USA"!

#38 ·
I had the same experience. However, they have responded quickly to my refund request. I ended up not taking a refund as I instead bought another item from them that is in stock. Fast shipping and item as described. Will have to give them credit where credit is due. But they definitely could improve this waiting game process by not charging the customers until the item is arrived and shipped. I hope my experience helps with your purchase.

#42 ·
Well everyone.. I placed the order 3 years ago and it actually came in the mail today. I guess waiting on them and not refunding paid out. I still won’t be ordering from them anymore, but they did make it right by sending me my order. For anyone else out there looking to buy something I’d email them first to make sure it’s in stock before ordering anything. Thanks RKS for making it right. I also included some pics just incase anyone didn’t believe me.
Font Screenshot Multimedia Darkness Software
Product Font Material property Screenshot Rectangle
Wood Rectangle Hardwood Composite material Wood stain

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.