HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At a match yesterday, took 3rd overall in standard. i beat an A and M class, both world shoot veterans. USP40 tactical V9, with JF magwell, HK45 safety, everything else stock. Most inspiring day of my life... i still can't acquire a 10 lb wolff recoil spring, so I still cant tell what good it does. was using 180 grain lead with VV N320.

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
Are you saying you shot lead through your stock barrel?
Why not? I hope you're not one of those guys who believe that shooting lead in a polygonal bore is akin to lighting the fuse on a nuke???

I have shot thousands of lead bullet reloads through my USPc .45 and HK45C. I've put quite a few through a Glock 19 as well. Yes, you must pay attention. No, it will not destroy your gun, maim you for life, or any of the other nonsense spouted by those who have never done it, but can tell you all about how bad an idea it is.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
yes, haha. lukas does it. it's not a glock anyway.
I've got 8k lead rounds through my P30L. lol I bought the bullets before I bought the gun, 8k is what I had left so that's what went through it. I don't clean my guns very often and it made it through two 2,000 round challenges with out an issue.(2200 rounds before it had sluggish operation and I felt the need to clean it. Accuracy did suffer past 1100 rounds with the lead but not with the FMJ.) I used Dardas bullets and they are very high quality. The only reason I went back to FMJ is because they were only a couple dollars more per order.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Congrats! What OAL are you seating to with that N320?
1.150" is the OAL i'm using.

no issues with lead, or at least that's how i see it...

i wish i could get mo one of those wolff 10 LB springs. i for the life of me can't find one here, i'm quite sure it will cure my dipping second shots

1 - 9 of 9 Posts