HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got back from the range and my hk51 with the .22 conversion finally broke. this has been my test mule for the .22 hk drum adapters as most will recall. the extractor broke at about 225000 rnds and had to be replaced. last thursday after over 600000 rnd s of .22 f/a the firing pin and the little spool that holds the uclip in broke. interestingly enough the gun was still running perfect but the firing pin would occasionally stick out of the bolt about 3/8ths of an inch ! i ran 4 drums flawless with it after it broke amazingly enough . a couple of new parts from another conversion unit and we are ready for another 600000 rnds !!!

·
Grand Chazzar
3,353 Posts
Missed this thread somehow ...
That's a lot of rounds !!!
Would say you got your moneys worth out of the 22 kit !!
Very neat indeed

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
600,000?!

·
Registered
805 Posts
just got back from the range and my hk51 with the .22 conversion finally broke. this has been my test mule for the .22 hk drum adapters as most will recall. the extractor broke at about 225000 rnds and had to be replaced. last thursday after over 600000 rnd s of .22 f/a the firing pin and the little spool that holds the uclip in broke. interestingly enough the gun was still running perfect but the firing pin would occasionally stick out of the bolt about 3/8ths of an inch ! i ran 4 drums flawless with it after it broke amazingly enough . a couple of new parts from another conversion unit and we are ready for another 600000 rnds !!!
How are the drum adapters working?

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the drum addapters work great .they are made to be to be fitted if necessary depending on brand of magwell but they are made so that it can be done with little effort. many of the guys on here run them. and yes to the 600,000 rnds of .22 ; as all of the hk drum adapters were tested thru my gun besides all of the r and d work that was done over a 2 year period of time. i still shoot and average of 1000 rnd/ wk thru the gun just because i like to shoot f/a and i like to stay proficient. during the r and d it was nothing to shoot 10000 + rnds thru the gun per week . it wasn't fun back then ; it was work. now it is fun again. last thursday there was a mother and her son that was in the military and i had instructed both of them in shooting the weapon and they both walked away with possum grins and a target that each had 165 holes in it. i usually have newbies shoot with our 25 rnd mags but i forgot to bring them so they got to each shoot a full drum.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bazooka Brothers Mfg. is the web address for our distributor. you can see the units run on uzi, m16, hk, m11. you will also find a techinal help page which gives you trouble shooting and mods to assist function . i will be posting this in the accessories for sale section but since the cancellation of the spring knob creek shoot we will be offering hkpro members the creek special of 169.95 +s/h for each adapter thru may 15 , 2012. just call bruce at bazookabrothers.com ,7654347709, and tell him you want the knob creek price.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts