HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well it finally hapend after over 4k thru my usp 45 v1 it failed to load a umc 230gr fmj. it was the first failure of any kind at all i have with the gun, but i think it may have been my fault as i let my mags get a bit dirty. i thought one ftf in 4k was pretty darn good. i was just wondering what kind of ftfs everyone else has had in thay're hk pistols and what thay did about them.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Once with my USP 45 I loaded a mag with such vigor I launched the top round out of the magazine and the slide closed with the unfired round sticking out the top. I guess that doesn't realy count, but that's all I've had with it through a few thousand rounds. I had a malfunction with my USP 40 about 7 years ago, but I can't remember what it was all about. Last weekend I had about 3 malfunctions with my USP 40 where it wasn't loading a round, so I ordered new mag springs. They were the original springs and 9 years old so I figured it was time anyway.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I'd suspect a weak mag spring before I'd suspect dirty mags with such a low round count, especially with FMJ's. You also might not have had the mag completely seated.

All my misfeeds have been due to mags or user error. I've had any number of different feed problems due to both. The most serious have been due to user error when I didn't fully seat the mag and ended up with a double feed. Man, I hate clearing those. Strip, rack, rack, rack, seat, rack, bang. I still won the round but it was a hard earned win with that malfunction in the mix.

·
Registered
506 Posts
I've shot something like 6000 rounds of all sorts of ammo through my HK USPf 45. I have only ever had 2 failures at all. Both were when my daughter was shooting, both were with one particular mag that tends to not stack the 4th or 5th round correctly and then doesn't feed that round. When loading that mag, it won't take 10 if it's stacked wrong. I alway count my rounds and so if it doesn't take 10 I reload the mag, she didn't do that. (I have that mag marked and separated so I don't wind up trusting my life to it. Don't mind using it at the range though.)
Never had any other failure with any rounds.
This is all in .45.
similar results but not quite as many rounds of .40 without a single failure of any sort.

·
Registered
17 Posts
i have only had one FTF on any HK so far, and that was caused by an unseated bullet comming out while the rnd chambered....

I wish i had a camera that day...

·
Registered
484 Posts
It was my USP .40 and it failed to extract and tried to chamber another round behind it. It was one hell of a jam to clear but it appeared the ammo had a mis-shaped rim around the bottom and my extractor couldnt grab enough to pull it out.

Thats was around the 3000+ mark and it was crap ammo, never had another problem buit it suprised me for sure

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've shot about 2150 rounds thru my p2000 .40 and have only had malfunctions using Fiocchi ammo. PMC and Winchester seem to work the best with zero failures. The malfunctions I get are when the round tries to chamber but ends up sticking up and out of the chamber (slide clamped on the round). Is this a stovepipe? What causes this? My gun is only a few months old.

jason

·
Registered
484 Posts
I've shot about 2150 rounds thru my p2000 .40 and have only had malfunctions using Fiocchi ammo. PMC and Winchester seem to work the best with zero failures. The malfunctions I get are when the round tries to chamber but ends up sticking up and out of the chamber (slide clamped on the round). Is this a stovepipe? What causes this? My gun is only a few months old.

jason
You may have limp wristed it on that shot or the ammo is underpowered

·
Registered
221 Posts
no jams ever, in any of my HK's, yet.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts