HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I apologize if this question has already been asked. I searched but could not find it.

I know an HK would be better, but is a Bobcat a worthwhile and cost effective alternative for a guy that wants an mp5? I have read somewhere that Bobcats have jamming problems. If they have any other common problems I would really like to know. Any info would be greatly appreciated, especially from the Bobcat owners.

Thank you very much.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Re: It\'s not an HK but...

First off...welcome to the boards.

Sometimes a topic such as this might get yanked for company affiliations.

But to answer your question, I have one and I really enjoy it. In the first couple hundred rounds, I had failure to ejects every once in a while, but it has been a long time since my last one now.

·
Registered
449 Posts

HK94's and SP89's are the cats a$$. There is nothing better. Some may be on par, but they do not have as many accessories.

Just beware that there are no 100% functioning U.S. clones out there. As long as you accept that your $500-$1800 clone may malfunction or have problems after several thousand rounds, then you will be fine. I would say Vector, Bobcat and JLD clones are acceptable.

If I did not have the money for a real 94 or 89, I would have to get a clone. I am just one of those weak individuals.

JPG

·
Registered
200 Posts

I had a Bobcat, it worked 100% for me, It's now owned by my buddy in AR, it's working 100% for him!! It will soon be SBR'd.

Y

·
Registered
449 Posts

The BW is probably ok after it is sorted out. Consider this, you have an opportunity to purchase a 94 at a very low price. There are CADOJ guns that are going for as little as $2300. I would do this and have a real HK. You will not get this chance again.

·
Registered
2 Posts

my bobcat continues to function 100% right out of the box. i think in some of the earlier ones, there was a prob with extraction but you replaced it with the "gold" extractor and it would be good to go. i dunno, mine's coming up on a year and works great. i use ball ammo exclusively, though. that might have something to do with it. i also use hk mags, curved mags. the straight mags also seem to be a problem point for a lotta folks.

can't wait to sbr mine either! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

·
Registered
324 Posts

My Bobcat runs like champ! I did put an HK bolt carrier in it...but other than that, no problems in over 500 rnds thus far. All HK accessories fit great!

HKCAPTN

·
Registered
33 Posts
CA. D.O.J. 94's going for $2,300? Where can I score one of those. I've looked around quite a bit and haven't seen any for sale at that price.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I just realized that. I got a little click happy and went back to 2006. I got all excited when I read that. Wow, if we can only go back in time. I don't even see those for sale anymore. I guess this old thread gets a free bump.

·
Registered
6,398 Posts
I just realized that. I got a little click happy and went back to 2006. I got all excited when I read that. Wow, if we can only go back in time. I don't even see those for sale anymore. I guess this old thread gets a free bump.
The highly accurate reproduction clones by Coharie have almost dried up. They have a new model available now called a CA94FS. No fluting, paddle mag release, nor something else... but I'll bet it's a pretty good gun anyway.

Try Gunbroker and search under "mp5".

·
Registered
489 Posts
Hahahaha... Signal, dont feel bad. I nearly pissed myself at the thought of a $2,300 MP5 until AviatorDave slapped me back into reality. Crud, I just wish I had been here in 2006. BTW, I have a Bobcat that works pretty darn good.

Huntersdad

·
Registered
465 Posts
I just got home from buying a CA94. I saw it on gunbroker and found that it was local. I took an AR pistol and an old 30 cal. carbine in and traded for it. It feels a little cheap (compared to my LMT or HK pistols), but I've never even held an MP5 so I wouldn't know the difference anyway. Of course I want the real thing, but on a teacher's salary and a baby on the way this will have to do.
I have been wanting a pistol caliber carbine and there really aren't many options out there. The only thing that even sparked my interest was the Berretta, but ehhh....
I think they had 4-5 more in stock NIB for $1050 if interested. Bulleseye Range in Georgia
(770) 963-6556

Mark

·
Registered
10,235 Posts
Does it have the mag paddle release?

·
Registered
33 Posts
I believe Coharie Arms and Special Weapons are one in the same. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I owned an SW-5 and it wasn't bad. I sent it back twice and they were able to get it running fairly well, about 95% reliable. It didn't like the straight mags at all and would sometimes malfunction with the curved mags but it was dead accurate. Mmcc100, as with any clone, I suggest you give it a good workout so if there are any issues you can get them resolved before the warranty expires. Enjoy your rifle. They are a lot of fun. I'm going after collector value so I will try and hold out for an original.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts