HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of where new P30 buyers can find a good IWB holster for the P30? Thanks in advance. Also what is your current cary gun and what holster do you use to carry it in. I live in Florida where some tyoes of pistols are hard to conceal due to the clothing we wear here. Lots of tee shirts. Thanks everyone

·
Registered
26 Posts
the only holsters I have found for the P30 so far are by Blackhawk and Safariland...neither are IWB

·
Merchant of Death (Admin)
11,557 Posts
Suggestion to HK Customer Service:

An HK logo stamped IWB rig and mag carrier, just like the one you did for the P2000SK would be very much appreciated!

·
Registered
112 Posts
So far the only companies that have the P30 listed on their web page are Blackhawk and Safariland and as mentioned neither is IWB. I have an email into Kramer to see if they have a mold gun yet, but no reply. I will call Comp-Tac pretty soon and report their status. My Galco Concealable for the G21 fits relatively well, but again it is an OWB so its only good around the house. Kydex for the G21 does not fit though. It is possible if you can find a leather IWB for the G21 that it would work till production ones show up.

My current carry piece is a G21SF carried in a Comp-Tac Infidel. Live in TX, so I know about the heat/humidity and the need for lighter clothing. I am not a big guy and the Infidel coupled with a Wilderness CSM belt hide the G21 undera T-shirt very well.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Good to know about the 229R fitting well. Will have to look around for a 229R holster to see how they work out till someone starts making holsters for it.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I'll try to take some pics of the setup...again this is the leather VMII for the 229r that works for me. I'm not sure if it would be the same with other brands or kydex, but don't see how they could be much different.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Someone on this forum posted a picture of their HK 30 in a Blade Tech IWB Holster. It looked to fit although it may of been made for another HK pistol. The picture is is the post HK 30 Mic Pictures or something to that effect.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I'll try to take some pics of the setup...again this is the leather VMII for the 229r that works for me. I'm not sure if it would be the same with other brands or kydex, but don't see how they could be much different.
Kydex may be an issue. Leather stretches and can accommodate some size differences. My G21 leather fits well enough, but Kydex doesnt fit at all.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Went by a local cop shop on the way home today and found a Gould and Goodrich IWB for the Sig229. Made sure that the 229R fits and low and behold so does the P30. Its a pretty good fit. The only thing that worries me is the mag release. I will have to give it a work out to make sure that the paddles cant be activated since the leather does rub on them a little. Here are some pics of what it looks like after a bit of work with a razor to trim off some excess leather that I didnt like.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Good find. I'm ging to look at some of my Sig 229 holsters to see if they'll fit a P 2000 which I gather is just a bit smaller than the P 30.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Blade-Tech P2K IWB fits. One will have to do a tiny amount of dremeling where the kydex wraps around the outside (enclosing to some degree) of the trigger guard, however. Works fine; very positive engagement. No worries.

·
Registered
26 Posts
This is an email response I got from Blade-Tech...

"At this time we do not offer that holster as a stock unit. But we can do it depending on the circumstances i.e. Qty and availability of the weapon."

·
Registered
112 Posts
One last update. Bought a Comp-Tac Paddle holster for the P2K in the hopes that it will fit the P30. Its a close fit, but not useable. Apparently, there are enough subtle differences in the frame dimensions to make the fit not quite right. Looks like the location of the slide stop levers is a bit closer to the muzzle, so the holster doesnt quite "close" on the gun just right. I am going to guess that leather for the P2K will work just fine since it can stretch enough to accommodate any differences in size and shape.

·
Registered
43 Posts
My p2000 C.T.A.C. from comp-tac fits the p30 perfect! Actually better than the p2000, figure that!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts