Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm here.Jacksonville reporting in as well.Go Jags

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I sent you a p.m? I'll try again.I also have some new toys to shoot this week I'll P.m you

·
Registered
4 Posts
Duval county HK Fanatic

Duval County checking in here. I didnt know there were this many Jacksonville HKers on this board too. I normally stop by Gun Gallery on Beach Blvd. from time to time, we might need to get a HK meeting going for the biggest city in the US. Thats Jacksonville for those of you outside Duval County.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Another Duval here. I actually just bought my first pistol (an H&K usp compact 9) from Gun Gallery a bit over a month ago. Let me know if you'll be up there, always willing to learn. I'm also taking Neil's course August 3rd so i'm looking forward to that

·
Registered
86 Posts
joedan said:
I'm also taking Neil's course August 3rd so i'm looking forward to that
Neil's a great guy. I buy all my guns from those guys; unless the deal is just too good to pass up online that is.....:D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Jacksonville here! This is Neil over at the Gun Gallery. Thanks for the kind words guys. I havent logged in to HKPro in a while, but I've been signed up quite a long time now and still check in when I can.

Another customer told me to stop by the FL forum because some one had mentioned me. Any of you who get a chance, please stop by and say hi!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I was just reading about the get together... You know, back in like 2002 or so I hosted an HK shoot at the Lake City range in the Osceolla National Forest. It was well attended and we had a lot of nice HK's. Lee Minor came over with a lot of HK machine guns. If you guys wanted to do something like that again, I'd love to do what I could to help. I'd probably be able to get Gun Gallery to donate targets, get ammo at a little over cost, etc. I can also work to see if I can get HK to get catalogs etc over here to give away. Lets keep talking and see what we can put together!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey Neil. How's November sound? The season is over by then, and it's cooler out. I'd be glad to throw together a couple of target stands and help corral supplies. If I'm in town, I'm definitely in. If folks wanted to travel, I could even host a few if we were going to use Olustee.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I like the ideas for the event so far. Maybe we can have some HK items (shirts, hats, bags, etc.) raffled off too. I wonder if anyone has any ideas on how to get their hands on free to low cost promo stuff from the company to win at the event.

-Neil, let us know if you have any contacts to get that idea going. Also, maybe we can use gun gallery to have the meet if Barbra will agree.

·
Registered
112 Posts
From Daytona, but working in Jax, and was jsut at Gun Gallery today...

Nice store with great people (this was my second visit)

Sadly, you guys do not carry much HK related to the 91 and 94 line

Although he does have a P7m8 in stock at a decent price.....

UK

·
Registered
4 Posts
UrbanKnight said:
Although he does have a P7m8 in stock at a decent price.....
UK
[:D] Not anymore! Another HKPRO member was just in this morning and snatched it up. It did, however, last an entire 24 hours!

I'll see what I can do to get some HK stuff. I have no real connections there and have had a hard time in the past getting even catalogs for the shop, but hey, I'll do what I can do.

Thank for the offer Otto. I hope you're in town for the shoot. I would like to try and do it after November though. Thats when I am planning to do the FDCC 6yr. anniversary.

Lets keep talking and make it happen.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I wouldn't want to miss the big 5/6 year anniversary. Hoping to win another EOTech.[:)]

If we are going to use Olustee, October is pretty much out because of hunting season. Everyone travels in December. Maybe February or March? If I am here, I could throw the Weber in the van and we could have a cook-out. (Burgers for me, vegetables for you, Neil.) If we get a date fixed far enough in advance, I can probably be there.

Maybe we should cross post in the GA forum and see if some of our northern neighbors would like to join us?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I had an issue w/ one of my AR's today."YHM rail not centered"I spoke w/ Neil about it and he was off.He returned in about 5min's and it was done.I asked how much I owed him and he said nothing.WOW.I have very few dealings w/any local shops as most are jerks.In fact I buy my guns online w/ an FFl on the westside charging me $25 for the trans.I also don't buy accessories local for the same reason.Well that may just be changing as I have found Neil to be great to deal with.He took the time to show me some up and comming stocks as well, instead of trying to get me to buy now.I may have to pay alittle more "not much more I hope" but it will be worth it to help support a local shop who understands that you want repeat customers.If you need something feel confident in The Gun Gallery on beach.No I don't work there.No I'm not related either.Looking foward to the HK get together as well.First part of Oct is bad for me as well as First part of Nov.Cruise-Hunting trip.:)

1 - 20 of 102 Posts