HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im wanting a threaded barrel for my 9m USP. Pros and Cons of the two is welcome.

Thanks

·
Registered
851 Posts
Everything I've read about Jarvis is top notch. The only gripe with them is the waiting. I've heard some negative stuff with EFK (Fire Dragon) poor quality and construction.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats not good.. Fire Dragon is getting ready to release a threaded barrel for the P2000sk. I was thinking one silencer, two guns

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
i have a fire dragon ported barrel on my glock 19 and ocasionally the gun wont unlock after you fire a round, i dont know if its because of improper construction or due to the porting working so well that it wont let the barrel tip upward to unlock, either way the factory barrel is back in the weapon and the barrel sits in my safe

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
I have used EFK 1911 stuff and have been satisfied with it, but I have never used a barrel from them. From what I have heard it can be hit or miss with them on barrels and the one area that gives me concern is that they still produce a .357 SIG barrel for the USP knowing full well that the customer is going to drop a fair amount of change on a barrel that is not going to work without further modifications to barrel and magazine. When Jarvis found out that there is nothing that can be done to make the USP work with the .357 SIG without permanent mods to barrel and magazine they quit chambering barrels for the USP in .357 SIG (I know it looks like you can still order them but just try it, they will not take the order).
The fact that EFK is more than willing to take your money on something they know is not going to work makes be look at them with a suspicious eye on all their products, past experience notwithstanding.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I have owned both Jarvis and EFK barrels (Glock and XD respectively). In my opinion, the Jarvis is a superior and more consistent product.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I have used EFK 1911 stuff and have been satisfied with it, but I have never used a barrel from them. From what I have heard it can be hit or miss with them on barrels and the one area that gives me concern is that they still produce a .357 SIG barrel for the USP knowing full well that the customer is going to drop a fair amount of change on a barrel that is not going to work without further modifications to barrel and magazine. When Jarvis found out that there is nothing that can be done to make the USP work with the .357 SIG without permanent mods to barrel and magazine they quit chambering barrels for the USP in .357 SIG (I know it looks like you can still order them but just try it, they will not take the order).
The fact that EFK is more than willing to take your money on something they know is not going to work makes be look at them with a suspicious eye on all their products, past experience notwithstanding.
This is news to me. I was considering finding a 357sig barrel for my USPc 40. What has to be done to make it work?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
anyone got a website for Barsto? They are suppose to be good quality as well.

·
Registered
227 Posts
No experience with Fire dragon but I have several Jarvis barrels and have nothing but accolades for them. Super accurate and the fit is outstanding.

:82:

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Bar-Sto has not made HK barrels for several years now.
To turn your USPC .40 into .357 SIG or .357 SIG into .40, all you need is a barrel. HK factory barrels are out there but are far and few between but IMO Jarvis barrels are just as good as an HK barrel and in fact, a little better since you can shoot cast through them with no worries.
No other changes are needed to the pistol. The mags, recoil springs, everything is the same except for the barrel. Drop the new barrel in and have at it!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Good luck getting Jarvis to make you a USP theaded barrel.

When I spoke with him about two years ago he said simply, "No, note enough interest to spool up the machines."

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well crap.. am I going to be stuck with a FireDragon?

·
Registered
1,023 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Ah, your right. He's looking for a USP fullsize.

I got a Compact barrel from EFK, it seemed fine to me. Given the choice though, I would pick a Jarvis or Barsto over EFK. Given the choice.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts