HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was wondering what tools would be necessary to install the jet funnel on my USP 40? I see what needs to be done, but I can't seem to get the little pin on the but of the handle out.... Should I let my local gun shop do this??? It doesn't seem that hard.

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
All you need is a small punch of any type and a 3 mm allen wrench.
That's all. I know I have posted this a hundred times but here it is again since it must not have turned up in a search, you did do a search didn't you?
JET FUNNEL INSTALLATION
on the HK 9mm and .40 USP-full size only

Remove magazine and clear the chamber. Check it again to make damned sure nothing is in the chamber.

Pull the trigger to drop the hammer all the way down. Do NOT use the decock because you want all spring tension off the hammer spring.

Using a small punch, no hammer needed, while pressing up on the lanyard loop push the lanyard loop pin out, either direction.

Remove lanyard loop.

Install Jet Funnel lanyard loop paying attention to get the hammer spring in the little recess on top of the lanyard loop.

Do not use the pin that comes with the JF lanyard loop, use the normal lanyard loop pin because it is just as secure as the JF pin but much easier to put in and take out.

Push up on the lanyard loop and push in the lanyard loop pin.

Attach Jet Funnel to the lanyard loop.

Now you can use those 18 (9mm) and 16 (.40 S&W) round white mags without them looking funny sticking out the bottom of the grip.
Remember, you cannot use any other mag except the extended capacity white mags when the JF is installed because those mags are about ½ inch longer in the body than standard 10 round and full cap mags. Normal mags will not lock in when the JF is on the pistol.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
And to clarify one point, uninstalling the JF to use the regular mags is quick and easy. Just keep that 3mm hex key with you, and unscrew it to remove the JF. I used to use "normal" mags at the range in this way.

So you can keep those old mags and still use 'em fairly easily.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks a lot guys. I kinda figured it out yesterday by myself then I had trouble getting original lanyard pin in. My thumb is sore today. I will give it another shot later today. That pin is a real bitch to get in....

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Thanks a lot guys. I kinda figured it out yesterday by myself then I had trouble getting original lanyard pin in. My thumb is sore today. I will give it another shot later today. That pin is a real bitch to get in....
You typically have to push up on the lanyard loop extremely hard to get the holes to line up. Once they line up, you should be able to push the pin home with your hand. The hammer spring tension keeps that pin firmly in place.

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
It is not hard to push up on the lanyard loop to put the normal pin in. Not if the hammer is in the all the way forward position. That is a must. If you dropped the hammer to the half-cock notch with the decocker or worse yet, left the hammer cocked, then it is a LOT harder to put the pin in. Use the trigger to drop the hammer (do I even need to say make sure the pistol is unloaded first) to its all the way forward position it takes very little effort to remove or replace the lanyard loop pin. I do it all the time just using my fingers to push in the pin and I am not some XYY gorilla.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got it!

I finally got it installed. What a BITCH this was. There was nothing easy about it, and my thumbs are twice as sore but I got it!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I pushed it in until the factory one became loose, then it easily slipped out. Afterwards I took the jet funnel lanyard loop deal and pushed it up (aligning it with spring of course), then I took the factory pin and ad a hell of a time putting it in.... I would push up very hard, moderately hard, and loosely to see if it was just an issue of millimeters accurate aligning, and it still wouldn't go in.... I finally grabbed a thick cloth (to cushion my fingers), and I pushed up and in almost simultaneously and the little whore entered. What a relief that was. Afterwards I soothed myself with a glass of single malt Glennfidich!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts