HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i am a little confused so please try to tolerate this question. i just got a usp9f and im am new to hk's. i have realized that the 15 round mags are $40 and i was looking into the JF mags as an option. do i have to install the JF to use them or will they work without it. i think i ready that they will stick out a bit, but has there been any reliability issues with doing it this way?

i am asking because i figured i could grab a spare jf mag and keep a fluch 15 round in while carrying.

or is this all just a bad idea from a noob?

·
Registered
851 Posts
You can use a jet funnel mag on your USPf 9mm without the jet funnel. Yes, it will stick out and I know a few people who use it in this configuration without problems.

Keep this in mind. If you get the jet funnel mag well, it comes off quick, like under 10 seconds so that you can switch back and forth between regular mags and the jet funnel. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you sir. that is pretty much what i was looking for. i would do the kit right now but funds are low. i figured i could get away with an extra mag, and it might as well be the jf mag.

now all i gotta figure out is what holster to get for it. i swear, since i got it...i dont want to put it down. i took my beretta 92 with me today and felt so lonely.

·
Registered
94 Posts
If I read your post correctly, you don't have to worry about the Jet-funnel for the 15 rnd regular capacity magazines. The Jet-funnel is for use with the true high capacity magazines, which for the USPF9 are 18 rnd. If you meant 18 rnd mags, not 15 then the aforementioned info is correct.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah it was in regards to the 18 rounders.

sounds like i need to order a few then. i dont mind if they stick out, as long as they will be reliable without the jet funnel.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts