1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Merchant of Death (Admin)
11,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
2,709 Posts
Indeed, thanks! An appropriate way to memorialize him.

·
11,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There's a modest goal of $5,000. Let's see if we can blow this out of the water...!

·
Premium Member
2,600 Posts
I just came here to look and ask about this kind of thing, to see if there was a way to donate to Jim's family. Thanks for posting this.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Jim Schatz's funeral service will be at 4pm on March 25 at Saint Peter's Episcopal church. 37018 Glendale St. Purcellville VA. A reception will follow in the hall at the church

·
11,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am proud to know this community. In just less than 24 hours we have almost reached the $5,000 goal set up for the GoFundMe page that benefits Jim's favorite charity, the Boulder Crest Retreat for Veterans. You guys are pretty amazing. This is a fitting memorial for a man who will be missed. If you have not contributed already... Please do so soon.

https://www.gofundme.com/jim-schatz-memorial

Let's go over the goal!

Megan Lee

Thank you soooo much for do this, My uncle was an incredible man and always willing to help others. It is amazing the outpouring of support our Family has received and the stories we were able to read that have been shared by each of you. To set this up and to help support the Boulder Crest Retreat is also another amazing step you have all taken in support of him. Thank you again for your caring support !

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thank you for setting this up. I just joined so I could give this information to the wonderful thread I was shown about my uncles passing and you are already on it. Boulder Crest Retreat Foundation is the perfect place to donate to in his name and I am so happy this information is already being shared, are all amazing. Thank you so very much for everything!

·
11,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Megan,
Please know that all of our thoughts and prayers are with you, the rest of your family and the multitude of friends that Jim has made over the years. Let me know if you need anything.

·
Registered
7 Posts
You guys are amazing! All your posts, the gofundme you all set, just amazing to know my uncle touch all you, and now you all have returned the favor, and have shared your comments with my family, we are thankful to know that he has helped so many people. He will be missed beyond belief, but I check the other thread often because the comments and pictures help me through this tough life changing loss

·
11,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I am humbled to report that the generosity of this community has just now reached the $5,000 mark for Jim's Memorial tribute to the Boulder Crest Retreat for veterans. There's no reason why we cannot go higher!

https://www.gofundme.com/jim-schatz-memorial

As many of you have seen, members of Jim's family have recently joined the HKPro community to express there thanks for remembering and honoring Jim. They are welcome and part of our family. Remember, friends are the family that we choose for ourselves...

·
11,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Gentlemen (and ladies),
I am pleased to report that we have now passed the $6,000 mark on contributions to the Boulder Crest Retreat in honor of G3Kurz. This community is pretty darn amazing. I'm going to leave this GoFundMe page open for awhile, since it appears that there is still more generosity to be realized. https://www.gofundme.com/jim-schatz-memorial

·
11,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Contributions have certainly slowed, but there are still a few that come in... So I have left the GoFundMe page open for those that are so inclined.

·
11,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
There are *still* contributions coming in. You guys rock!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts