HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in new york currently and a store here has a PTR-91 for about $1100. Along with a genuine HK91 for about 3 grand but I definitely don't have cash on hand for that. So my question is pretty much how do the PTR-91's hold up? Should I grab this before heading back down to FL? I've rented an SP89 seared clone that couldn't get more than 2-3 shots off without jamming. . The PTR seemed quite solid sitting next to the genuine HK though and looked to be of higher quality than most HK clones I've seen.

·
Registered
886 Posts
The PTR is every bit as good as a real HK, the price is about right. About the only thing it would need is a trigger job. The HK-91 is about $1k overpriced, unless its new in box with a whole lot of goodies to go with it.

Bill

·
Registered
25 Posts
CDNN has several PTR models, including the 91F, for pretty cheap. I don't have the catalog in front of me, but the 91F was around $900. $1100 is full list price. You'll want to call CDNN to make sure they still have them in stock, though, because their prices were > 20% better than any recent prices I've seen and they may be depleted. A friend of mine got one from CDNN earlier this month and it was in perfect shape with a low serial number to boot.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll check with them when I get back down to florida, now the main limiting factor is a place to shoot it. Closest range that allows anything above .223 is about an hour and a half away.

·
Registered
732 Posts
The PTR91 is one of the greatest values in firearms right now. I agree that the price is maybe $150 more than what I paid for mine at retail a year ago.

When you get one, you will be pleased. Do make sure to contact Bill Springfield, contributor above, for a really good trigger job. The one he did on my PTR has to be felt to be believed.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Buy a PTR, you will not be disappointed.

·
Registered
6 Posts
As stated above, PTR's are great guns, you won't be dissapointed. And a big +1 for a trigger job from Bill Springfield, great value and a night and day difference from the factory trigger.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
. . The PTR seemed quite solid sitting next to the genuine HK though and looked to be of higher quality than most HK clones I've seen.
You are spot on your assessment of the PTR. Many feel they're the best currently available clone of any HK model.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Did it have the flash suppressor? This is something you might want to think about, if you want one on the rifle it'll cost to add one if it doesn't have one already. If it doesn't, you might consider buying one from CDNN when you get back to Florida. Isn't NY a ban state still? I just wanted to mention this, it's something to consider. AKATTACK

1 - 11 of 11 Posts