HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone on here know what compensator Keanu Reeves uses on his P30L in John Wick? Is it real or just Hollywood BS?

Attachments

·
Registered
747 Posts
Dunno. Looks Like a movie fake compensator if I had to guess. Am I the only one that liked John Wick but felt the Compensators were retarded. I'm not a fan of "movied" up firearms. I like factual practical firearms, manipulation and sounds in movies. That's why Heat and Collateral two of my favorites. Both Michael Mann films.
'

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Don't know if it's a production item.........probably not. I don't believe it is a Brown Bear, it doesn't look the same.
https://www.brownbeargear.com/products/match-weight-for-hk-pistols

IMHO for a weight or comp it really doesn't do the job, but if you're going to stick the barrel into someone like in John Wick it will definitely keep the slide from being pushed out of battery. With that respect it's not full of doo doo.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Dunno. Looks Like a movie fake compensator if I had to guess. Am I the only one that liked John Wick but felt the Compensators were retarded. I'm not a fan of "movied" up firearms. I like factual practical firearms, manipulation and sounds in movies. That's why Heat and Collateral two of my favorites. Both Michael Mann films.
'

IMHO John Wick is one of the best as far as good weapons handling by Wick. You can even see Keanu doing push-pull reloads on his AR.

·
I Bleed Urban Gray
3,038 Posts
Brown Bear made theirs after the movie. They are GTG as a company!

·
Banned
474 Posts
John Wick comp is movie fake. But Brontes Firearms will be producing really cool comp for all modern H&K in 9, 40 a 45. American and European threading too. I am waiting for the 9 mm comp since last summer, when they announced it first.
They have only a Facebook page. If more people will start asking them about the comp, maybe they will finally release it. 9 mm will be from titanium because of the weight, 40 a 45 will be stell. And design is absolutelly cool! Only two released pics (40 S&W):

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Does anyone on here know what compensator Keanu Reeves uses on his P30L in John Wick? Is it real or just Hollywood BS?
do a search on this forum
the guy who made the gun for the movie is on this forum and has posted pictures previously
the picture was with a musical instrument (piano or guitar or amp) IIRC

·
Registered
111 Posts
I also can't wait for the Wick 2 since I loved the first one. I like seeing that Keanu cam definitely run guns. They did a lot right in the first movie and I still want a P30L 9mm.

·
Premium Member
446 Posts
This is just an educated guess, but since it's stock on the USP Match pistols, it further reduces muzzle flip due to the additional weight especially for one-handed shooting and rapid fire shooting.

I would not question Lara Croft and John Wick on the use of a compensator on an HK pistol... :690:

AJ_USP9.jpg

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
What is the purpose of a compensator on a pistol?
To reduce recoil and muzzle flip and allow much (much!) faster follow up shots. Usually with compensator ammo is loaded hotter and with slower burning powder to get higher pressure and more gasses after bullet exits barrel, to let compensator actually work. I shot compensated .380 Supeauto STI of one of top 3 IPSC shooters and it was like shooting laser gun.

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
Compensator does not make gun louder, but it changes direction of sound wave. How much sound is diverted back on shooter depends on compensator design.

1 - 20 of 98 Posts