HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw the new John Wick movie tonight. Storyline wasn't as tight as the last one but the action doesn't disappoint! They clearly know their audience as there's some parts that clearly pander to the gun guy crowd. Sad to say he moves away from HK's and carries a TiN barreled glock through most of the movie.

Still glad I saw it, would see it again.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Saw the new John Wick movie tonight. Storyline wasn't as tight as the last one but the action doesn't disappoint! They clearly know their audience as there's some parts that clearly pander to the gun guy crowd. Sad to say he moves away from HK's and carries a TiN barreled glock through most of the movie.

Still glad I saw it, would see it again.
If I had to bury a handgun. I'd want my stock Glock 26 and HK45c buried too......

If I wasn't burying it, money being no object. Yeah it would probably be some kinda custom shop gun. Or another HK hehe.

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
There's video out there of Keanu training with Taran Butler. From the looks of it, he's using the same Taran Tactical guns in the movie as in training. I appreciate that continuity.

·
Registered
746 Posts
It was ok and entertaining but doesn't surpass the 1st. I think the reason I like the 1st movie wasn't so much because of the HK firearms or gun play, but because of the reverence Wick got from the beginning of the movie in a matter of fact fashion. That reverence is still kind of present in this movie but not as heavy. The gun manipulation is both realistic and far fetched. As with most sequels the amped up the action to try to one up the previous. I own the 1st, but won't be buying the second. It's entertaining and worth the admission price though if you wanna see a shoot em up.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I thought the first one was pretty good, was hoping to catch the second one tommorow.

Im still hoping that the next (and last) resident evil movie is good... there really haven't been many movies this last year that I got excited about. Half of them were just reboots anyways.

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
John Wick: Chapter 2

The first movie was much better.
This is clearly a lead in to John Wick 3.
Sad really.
The first one is a Classic.
The action, gun play and martial arts, is relentless and outstanding.
But the story, acting ...?
Disappointing.
Looking for JW3 to be better.

·
Registered
629 Posts
As much as I liked the first one I found the second to be pretty darn good. I'll surely be buying that on Apple TV when it comes out.

·
Premium Member
741 Posts
The first movie was much better.
This is clearly a lead in to John Wick 3.
Sad really.
The first one is a Classic.
The action, gun play and martial arts, is relentless and outstanding.
But the story, acting ...?
Disappointing.
Looking for JW3 to be better.
excellent action film but first one was better.
Indeed. The tunnel scene felt like I was watching a 3-gun competition.

·
Premium Member
3,086 Posts
It was pretty much what i expected it to be, so I wasn't disappointed. Sequels rarely live up to the original. But I enjoyed it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
What did I just see? Sort of morphed (pun) oh the Matrix/Jason Bourne/ John Wick.

Do you think KR can keep up the training pace for 3 at his age?

·
Registered
714 Posts
Really dsappointed in the storyline. The character still uses superior gunplay and hand to hand fighting skills, but it almost seemed like the writers wanted to take away the "mythic" qualities of Wick.
As strange as it sounds, Wick is not nearly the "boogeyman" from the first film. Don't spend the $ at the theater to see it, if you can wait a bit. It's worth a $4.99 rental, though.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Started out OK with a good way of continuing the story line, but got way into assassin fantasy world / sub culture way to hard, and the goofy lead in to number 3.
Wait for it to come out on video...eh netflix....to watch it.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Yeah it sucked as soon as he switch from HK to Block he lost me but it was the Rambo movie of all times just higher body count lame.

·
Registered
271 Posts
He needs a P2000...

·
Premium Member
3,966 Posts
I finally went and saw JW2 this past weekend. Ehhhhh, definitely not as good as the first one. this one just felt kind of forced. I liked the way they handled the weapons change, and the comment the Sommelier made referencing JW's preference for German firearms.

I liked the first half OK, the second half felt just way too forced. And the blatant positioning for a 3rd movie kind of ruined it for me. That was one of the reasons I liked the first one, everything was complete at the end, and it was not an obvious lead in to a sequel.

I noted when he picked up the weapons from the sommelier that they were 3-gun weapons, but hadn't really compared the catacombs scene to a 3-gun match until reading this thread. He had a hell of a time keeping that Benelli loaded....

1 - 20 of 39 Posts