HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've thought the P7 design was pretty cool for years now, so I finally took the plunge and ordered one today. I got one of the German trade-ins that are floating around for $700. Should come in on Friday or Monday, and my dealer says he's always pleasantly surprised by the condition of the guns he gets.

I'm not sure whether the gun comes with the box, goodies & manual, so although I'm sure this has been covered about a zillion times before, how do you clean this thing?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Alright, no more posting after a few nightcaps.

I read the FAQ's. Post away, though, if you've got tricks not mentioned in the manual.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
1,921 Posts
I have no secrets for the cleaning of it I just wanted to say congrats on the HK purchase.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks... can't wait to get my hands on the gun.

I was always a .45 Nazi, but when I came down here and actually started carrying, I realized what a difference size makes, especially in a professional office scenario. I still loves me some .45, but the P7 is just way easier to deal with.

·
Registered
239 Posts
That's high on the list of what folks here pack for the CCW function. Myself, I have a USP compact 40 that sees the most use. It seems to me to have the best of all worlds in accuracy, caliber, capacity, reliability and size. The P7 being all steel (if I'm not mistaken) may be a tad heavier or even equal to, but with the right holster you shouldn't have a problem. Don't overlook a quality belt, there are several manufacturers out there who sell nice dress belts meant for supporting the weight of a firearm and accessories. Flimsy, thin dress belts can make toting a firearm a nightmare and uncomfortable. I don't dress up (in a suit) for work, so my belt is a nylon Wilderness Tactical Instructor's belt with reinforced stitching. Check the offerings from Mitch Rosen and Milt Sparks for what you need if someone hasn't already pointed you in their direction.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My Beltman belt is great. Thick enough for anything, and goes ok (not great, though) in a professional setting.

I have some holsters that I'm just starting to use for other guns from Tucker Gunleather and Kytac, so when I decide which ones I like or don't like, I'll probably order another one for the P7 from them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts