HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As a committed **ock and revolver shooter, I've long admired H&K for the high quality, reliability & overall fit and finish. Until Friday, I hadn't owned one. But that's all changed- I brought a new P30 into the family. After putting it through its paces, it's now my EDC.

I know I don't have to explain to this community why I love the P30. With little kids in the house, I feel better with my revolvers and their 12 lb triggers. That was a big factor in wanting the DA/SA with decocker on the P30- it's just one extra layer of security, and it inspires confidence outside the home as my EDC pistol.

Anyway, glad to be here and I look forward to reading the forums.

·
Registered
57 Posts
That's exactly why I picked up a HK45c. Soon as I put enough rounds through it and get some gear it'll be my edc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Your joking and i totally get it.

But, why are HK owners looked on as arrogant, stuck-up, snobby, ?? Made fun of? Ridiculed by other gun fanboys?

I like quire a few different brands, but when mentioned i have a few more HKs' , attitudes change, a little bit.

What gives??? Im fairly new to handguns, so the elders of this forum , please elaborate.

Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Your joking and i totally get it.

But, why are HK owners looked on as arrogant, stuck-up, snobby, ?? Made fun of? Ridiculed by other gun fanboys?

I like quire a few different brands, but when mentioned i have a few more HKs' , attitudes change, a little bit.

What gives??? Im fairly new to handguns, so the elders of this forum , please elaborate.

Thanks
I'm new here, so I can't comment on how it goes on this forum.

But in my experience, it's less about the arrogance of the shooters, and more about the company. Most gun people I've encountered love HK firearms, but hate HK. The company has a bad reputation in the shooting community for being nearly anti-customer in the way it presents itself. Not saying it's true.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm new here, so I can't comment on how it goes on this forum.

But in my experience, it's less about the arrogance of the shooters, and more about the company. Most gun people I've encountered love HK firearms, but hate HK. The company has a bad reputation in the shooting community for being nearly anti-customer in the way it presents itself. Not saying it's true.
I think there are two issues at hand- one is certainly the German approach to customer service. Having worked in a different industry but dealing directly with German manufacturers (at their factories, in Germany), the Germans do tend to be more brusque in business than we Americans are used to. I'm personally of the mind that if their products are superior, I'll deal with a little less than pleasing "diplomacy" even if it violates EVERYTHING I know about professional sales and customer service. That said, HK products are designed to literally be used in that fine line between life and death. I'll take such craftsmanship over niceties.

Second, the "haters" (I hate that word) can't afford or refuse to pay for the extra quality of H&K products. It's not a knock or criticism on their personal choices because we are fortunate to have high quality, lower cost alternatives (both striker and hammer fire). But, economics are a big factor and can explain why some folks are virulently against H&K- because they feel they can justify their choice at a lower cost.

The haters however do deserve a spotlight on their hypocrisy, especially in the case of Glock "fan boys." Glock's customer service hasn't always been phenomenal, but the guns are extremely high quality. So whether you tolerate poor customer service at $500 vs. poor customer service at $1000, at least be honest!

No problem for me. I'm just glad these same people are pro-2nd Amendment, pro-gun, and pro-carry. We have great choices and I'm proud to be in the H&K family. I'm also glad to have found this forum- I really like what I see already!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Can't go wrong with an HK. Welcome!!! Who says we're the dark side lol.
As you clearly understand, I jokingly refer to H&K as the dark side. As someone who has converted a lot of folks to Glock over the years (for their rock solid reliability, regardless of how clunky or not-pretty they are) I always reference them "coming to the dark side." Most of the "converts" are 1911 or revolver types.

I'm beginning to view Glock is the gateway "drug" to the awesomeness of H&K! I know I'm a full-on "apprecianado" of H&K!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Hk is the ferrari of firearms, when you see someone driving a ferrari do you expect them to be a humble person? Same thing, exactly.

·
Premium Member
948 Posts
Hk is the ferrari of firearms, when you see someone driving a ferrari do you expect them to be a humble person? Same thing, exactly.
Idk about you, but where I live all the people with ferraris are total geeks. The friends I have that have plenty of money to buy multiple ferraris without blinking an eye are much more humble and honestly far cooler than the ferrari geeks. But thats just me. I try to stick around down to earth people not dweebs trying to show off for others. Back to the main point of this thread, I too have recently joined the dark side with my first pistol purchase being the HK45. Congrats on the P30 and enjoy it, it's a sweet one!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for all the welcoming comments.

As far as the Ferrari metaphor goes, I can't fully agree. There's not nearly enough price difference in the HK firearms (handguns especially) as compared to the market competitors to warrant a supercar vs. utilitarian, ubiquitous car comparison. Granted, with HK rifles, the price gap widens a bit. But there are plenty of tricked out AR etc... that folks buy to show how awesome they are to their friends or others at the range (where they are using such rifles to dominate paper targets at 25 yards...). :36:

In terms of handguns, 99.999% of the population will never see what I carry as I carry concealed 99.999% of the time. Yet I know, with great confidence and pleasure, what is on my hip. What others think is their business. I know why I decided to move to H&K as my primary EDC.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Back to the main point of this thread, I too have recently joined the dark side with my first pistol purchase being the HK45.

That HK45 is singing its siren song to me. I'm resisting thus far, only because of the compelling case my G29 10mm keeps making... But dang- the HK45 is making a strong counter case!

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
Thanks for all the welcoming comments.

As far as the Ferrari metaphor goes, I can't fully agree. There's not nearly enough price difference in the HK firearms (handguns especially) as compared to the market competitors to warrant a supercar vs. utilitarian, ubiquitous car comparison. Granted, with HK rifles, the price gap widens a bit. But there are plenty of tricked out AR etc... that folks buy to show how awesome they are to their friends or others at the range (where they are using such rifles to dominate paper targets at 25 yards...). :36:

In terms of handguns, 99.999% of the population will never see what I carry as I carry concealed 99.999% of the time. Yet I know, with great confidence and pleasure, what is on my hip. What others think is their business. I know why I decided to move to H&K as my primary EDC.

I think more accurate metaphor is a HK is more like a BMW and glocks are like VW's. Both are German/Austrian but there price points are wide enough where the buying demographics are different for each gun brand buyer. Guns like the VP9 is blurring that a bit similar to what mercedes did with the cla.

·
Premium Member
948 Posts
That HK45 is singing its siren song to me. I'm resisting thus far, only because of the compelling case my G29 10mm keeps making... But dang- the HK45 is making a strong counter case!
Oh that song is sweet! Feeling the after-effects of said song on my wallet is not nearly as sweet lol

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I shot the P30 again today. I flinched shooting DA on the first round and silently reproached myself. But I reminded myself that I've had the gun for 4 days (and have shot with Glocks for years). After the initial embarrassing flinch on my part, the P30 rewarded me with amazing accuracy for the next four mags. So pleasant to shoot!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts