HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought this used from a local store and it came with a tac light (grip activated), and a longer tube for 8 or 9 rounds I believe. Cosmetically it's in great shape (like new), and from what I know it sat in the previous owners safe most of the time.... I picked it up for a little over $800.00 Did I do good? Also I know that HK, and Benelli are in cahoots with one another but this particular gun had Benelli markings on the barrels and the left side if the frame (receiver) but on the right side it says Heckler and Koch??? Is this an early model? What gives???

·
2,832 Posts
You did just fine, $700-800 depending on stuff. Yes HK for a number of years marketed the Benelli like of shotguns, not sure when it ended but I know HK was not happy, they got Benelli in the door to the US....then went out on their own.

my M1 Super 90 Tactical is also a HK marked gun

this will help dating it
http://www.mp5.net/info/preban.htm

·
Registered
63 Posts

I remember using this site (and others like it) during the ban, but haven't visited it since, and a few months ago I picked up a HK-imported Benelli M1S90. The S/N is M14xxxx, which may be a very early import. It's lower than any of the ones listed on that site.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Yes HK for a number of years marketed the Benelli like of shotguns, not sure when it ended but I know HK was not happy, they got Benelli in the door to the US....then went out on their own.

my M1 Super 90 Tactical is also a HK marked gun

this will help dating it
http://www.mp5.net/info/preban.htm

I am looking to buy a HK Benelli M1S90. Can I assume that "ALL" HK marked Benellis are "preban"??? Thanks.

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
I am looking to buy a HK Benelli M1S90. Can I assume that "ALL" HK marked Benellis are "preban"??? Thanks.
I do not believe you can. I had a HK marked M1S90 and it was per limited research a
"post ban" (at that time) gun. Let it go as was no longer shooting much 12ga at the time and stuck with the Remington line (while the M1S90 was faster, after 25 years shooting and hunting with the Remington had learned motor skills already set up ... which was going to take more time and training to re-learn than I had at the time, besides put the money towards paying for the 2nd MP5 so the son could also shoot ;-).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts