HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow HK-dians,

I just bought my first HK. (About time right?)
A used Expert .45, mainly for home defense and collecting.
And I have a couple questions.

1. What ammo do you recommend for home and range?
2. Is wear on the frame usual? (see pic)
3. I see some talking about Wolff springs are they worth it or are HK ones still better?
4. And do you recommend any other accessories?

Thanks, for any replies, it is appreciated.

Sincerely, Ian

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Congrats on the new HK, I would recommend staying away from steel cased ammo. But anything like standard federal, winchester, remington, etc should be ok. I didn't see a pic regarding the wear on your expert. But all guns will show wear after a while, especially if holstered regularly. Also your factory spring should be just fine, unless the previous owner put tens of thousands of rds thru it.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Welcome to the Asylum..er...forum

1) ammo selection is a wide open subject...an HK will eat whatever you feed it...that being said stay away from Winchester White Box and TulAmmo...do a search for either brand and you will see why-they are both terrible
For Defensive ammo there are literally dozens of choices--I personally swear by Speer Gold Dots...

2)ummm there is no picture so I can't comment

3) I personally won't put anything not manufactured by Heckler and Koch into my $800 weapon...

4) Night Sights are an excellent addition to the platform (if yours doesn't already have them)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks for the info hkmanlp1 & uspc 4 life. I think it's says I don't have permission to post pics yet.
But it's the 2 tabs on the side of frame that the slide runs across, their bare metal now.

That's what I figured just keep with HK products.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
does everyone just buy 12 round mags now?
I don't know many many mags is enough? Haha, I'm sure that varies who you ask.
But it came with 2 10 round extended bottoms, and rather have the standard floorplate 12 rounders.
Should I just hold on to them or trade?

Thanks for the help mattducati, uspc4life, & hkmanlp1

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
does everyone just buy 12 round mags now?
I don't know many many mags is enough? Haha, I'm sure that varies who you ask.
But it came with 2 10 round extended bottoms, and rather have the standard floorplate 12 rounders.
Should I just hold on to them or trade?

Thanks for the help mattducati, uspc4life, & hkmanlp1
I keep my 10 round mags for use at the range. I like to shoot ten round groups while at the range....just seems to work out better for me. The Expert is such a nice pistola! great choice.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts