HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought my first pistol this weekend, a full size USP Tactical .45. I've been wanting one for a while and semi seriously looking for about a year. There is only one HK dealer nearby and their prices are rather high so I have been trying to find somewhere else to get one. I had kinda resolved to just pay a FFL to order one from online and figured I would pay around $1200.

I was at a gunshow checking out tables just to see what all dealers carried HK and could get one when I found one with a used one on the table. It looked brand new, not a scratch on it; I would guess about a thousand rounds or fewer through it and the sticker said $899. I tried to get them to come down a bit but they wouldn't budge but either way it was a good deal.

I don't have any pictures since it was in a gun show and pictures were against the rules. I can't pick it up for 30 days because I'm military and have only been in VA for about 6 months and hadn't gotten around to getting a VA drivers license yet. Once I have held a license for 30 days I can take possession of it and I will post pics and first thoughts. I've shot them before so I have a decent idea of what it will be like but since it is my first pistol I'm anxious to start shooting it so I can get better seeing as there is a distinct difference between my skills with a rifle and a pistol.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Sounds like a good deal,you would think a military Id would get you one, you can die but not own a gun . Congrats

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like a good deal,you would think a military Id would get you one, you can die but not own a gun . Congrats
A military ID and orders can get you one, but my orders are for Andrews AFB which is in MD and I live across the river in VA which is also where the gunshow was.

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
Yes your better off on the va side I little more gun friendly. Congrats on the nice deal. That was my second hk I only have about 250 rds through mine. After the first hundred I was ready to trade it in on a hk45 after the last 150 you won't be able to pry it out of my hands. Take care

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys, I've always been an HK fan growing up so I figured I would go all out on my first pistol and do it right the first time. I did the same for my first rifle, I spent a year getting parts and built an AR-15 the exact way I wanted it from the beginning.

And Johoevasmatrix, why do you think I live in Alexandria instead of MD or DC? I finally got out of MA and made sure as hell that I went to a better state.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I don't know what the date code is. I bought the gun at a gunshow where I wasn't allowed to take pics and can't pick it up for a month. I have the serial written down but if it's separate from the number I will have to wait until I get the gun. Either way I don't really care I was just curious. The copyright on the manual tells me it is sometime in the late 90s.

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
I lived in dc and Bethesda and Chevy chase then moved to s Carolina. Now in order for me to carry I have to take an 8 hr course on gun safety. But at least now I can keep all my stuff and go shoot when the boss lets me.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Great first purchase brother! While I love all my HK's, I just picked up a 45 TAC 3 months ago finally and I gotta tell you it is friggin sweet in every way. Love it. Welcome to the site! The good part about HKPRO is that you get a ton of fantastic information and talk with some great people, the bad side is that we are all enablers and your wife or girlfriend will grow to hate us!:wink:

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Great first purchase brother! While I love all my HK's, I just picked up a 45 TAC 3 months ago finally and I gotta tell you it is friggin sweet in every way. Love it. Welcome to the site! The good part about HKPRO is that you get a ton of fantastic information and talk with some great people, the bad side is that we are all enablers and your wife or girlfriend will grow to hate us!:wink:
I called her when I found it to talk me out of it since I was planning on saving up more money before I got one. She told me to buy it. She also bought my my jewell trigger for my AR; I thin, I'm fine.

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
Your fine for now wait until your addiction grows. Get a safe and then she only asks questions when you add a safe so it buys you some time anyway

·
Registered
304 Posts
That was my first HK too. Enjoy

1 - 20 of 29 Posts