HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like the title says i just bought my first HK, a VP70Z, and boy am I impressed. There's one problem though. The version I bought has the parkerized slide, and the previous owner must of dropped it because there's a chip on the left side near the serial number. This ugly black spot really stands out on the silver colored slide, and it kills me every time I look at it. So I've come to HKpro for some help. Can you guy's give me suggestions on how to cover this spot up, or direct me towards a website where I can buy a "new" one? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
97 Posts

And by the way. Welcome aboard. You have purchased a very fine firearm. Be safe please.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
1,921 Posts
First of all congrats, on the fine new weapon. Next can you have the slide refinished? Maybe hard chromed by tripp? NP3 by Robar? Something like that would be a cheaper answer for you if you like the look of the two tone handguns. I think they look pretty sharp myself and so does a lot of others.

Anyway, just something for you to consider.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the suggestions sfguard, I think I'll go with the hard chrome from trip. Sorry Goose5 I don't own a digital camera, thanks for the warm welcome though.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Congrats on the new purchase, and welcome to the forum. I actually just purchased this same pistol, but haven't shot it. Please give us a range report on how it shoots and what type of bullets you use. This was my dilemma I was uncertain on what type of bullets to use. I wasn't sure if these newer +p JHP would have any affect on the internals mainly the barrel.

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
Welcome home! Congrats on your new H&K!

·
Registered
431 Posts
New owner

I bought my first H&K about a year ago,it is with out a question the best hand gun I have ever owned.Welcome to the H&K family.My pistol is a USPc stainless 40.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Now you've done it, made a huge mistake! Can't belive how many suckers there are out there. Geesh!

Hope your not married, now your gonna have to go without eating for a week to fund the HK addiction!

:)

·
Premium Member
1,704 Posts
Congrats and welcome!! You will find this to be a fun forum as well as informitive one!! I think you have foun out the latter already.

Enjoy your new weapon and don't forget to take someone new to shooting with you out to the range sometime.

Happy & Safe Shooting!! TJ

·
Registered
886 Posts
Enjoy your 'new' HK. Be forewarned, you can't own just one. Once you've had the pleasure of using an HK more will follow. It's just the way it is, there's nothing you can do about it so you might as well prepare yourself. Welcome to the legions of addicted HK users. ;-)

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the welcome guy's. To ICELINX, the gun's very accurate once you get over the bad pull. I use Winchester target loads, I think their 115 grain. I haven't tried +p in it yet, but I'm sure it will be fine. The things built like a tank.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
To Goose5 and FIX BAYONETS!®

Sorry I don't own a digital camera, but after I get it hard chromed I'll use my friends to show you guy's.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts