HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Wow, and I thought my HK45's grip was the best out there. this thing feels like heaven. Just seems like the perfect overall gun with 15 rounds to boot. Question though for you experts out there...

I am getting pretty energized about HK's new gun styles and improovements and am wondering why the inconsistency with the new guns being made (inconsistancy being between the gun styles themselves... not in quality)

More exactly the P30 was the first released, but seems to have the most modern features of the bunch, the larger mag release, the takedown lever that doesn't require removing the slide release from the gun to take it apart, the new grip, etc... then the HK45 comes out, gets the new grip, but the old takedown lever/method, now the HK45c is coming out (the one I have been waiting the most for) and it doesn't get the new takedown lever, or the new grips, and even has the older smaller mag releases... seems to be the least modern of the bunch.

Why do you guys (read Big Bore and friends...) think that this is the case? It seems that it would have been better if all of the new guns were made with equal improvments... my theory is that the P30 was the only one that they actually intended to produce from the begining, and the HK45 and HK45c were afterthoughts that where modified more quickly to meet the failed JCP program... even if that is the case, why not put the new grips, mag release and take down levers on the HK45c as well? I am afraid I will be dissapointed with it when it finally comes out. =( hopefully not. Seems the only thing that all the guns have in common is the slimer slide and the new sights...

Thoughts?

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
I think the deal with the P30 is, that it was made for some contract, thus it had the replaceable sidestaps etc...

The HK45 didn't have the "contract" for the replaceable side pieces, so it was just easier to give it the one backstrap.

the HK45 i guess was more of a fullsize P2000 in .45, whereas the P30 was a specially contracted item, so it had a few differences.

Just the way i see it, no idea on the legitimacy of my madness :p

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you guys want one right away, I think Rob at www.exeter-arms.com has 2 or 3 in stock. just called me tonight about them.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I'm curious why HK45c is getting a P2000-style grip instead of the arguably more ergonomic "spider web" grip. Seems like an odd decision on HK's part.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts