HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sad because I made the age old mistake of uttering the words "Hey can I touch that P30 in the case?"... Oh if only I had more money. :wink:

Well on the brightside I'm feeling like I can save the world in 24 hours (Jack Bauer reference) and I feel a tad more classier and it's all due to this little bundle of joy...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Got it BNIB for 600 smackaroo's... How? Well since I've been getting hammered on shipping fee's and it seems like FFL dealers around here don't want to do it (even though I buy firearms off them and support there business... sorry just a little frustration) I decided to trade in my Glock 26. Got 300 for it. Some might see that as a hit but trust me, if you knew what I was being charged in shipping you wouldn't think so.

Anyway back to the USPc. I don't know what HK does differently to the USPc but this gun has a double action pull that was very comparable to my old Sig P226 tac ops. Reset is short like a HK45c, and the safety lever needs extra force to decock just like the HK45/45c's did. I have a USP9f LEM incoming and I'm actually thinking about keeping this USPc DA/SA because of how smooth the trigger is. The Grips... PERFECTO! The only gripe I have about this gun is how chunky this bastard is other than that this is def a keeper. One of those guns I will only sell if I need to pay bills. If you are a HK addict and don't have a USP, then go get one now... These pistols are def not outdated due to the new HK guns. This USPc will fit perfectly into my EDC.

Now a few questions...
Does anyone else have a blue hammer spring? I never seen this in any of my HK's
and
Is this normal?

You see how the frame kinda "dips" in at the location of the slide release, then it becomes flush with the slide then the frame protrudes out again. I assume this is normal, just wanted to make sure.

·
Premium Member
5,018 Posts
I have also neglected the USP for sometime and eventually bought a USPc .40 SS. Recently sold as part of my caliber consolidation. I will definitely agree, there is nothing outdated about the USP. I picked up a 'BC' date code USP .45 and I like it more than my HK45. I may one day get around to owning another USPc in 9mm and your pics aren't helping matters.

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
Hey Darebear, my full size USP 9 CC has that same gap kinda between the slide and the frame. totally normal. congrats on your purchase, she's a beauty.

·
Registered
410 Posts
with a flat mag floor plate, this is MUCH easier to conceal than a p30. The P30's grip is even longer than USPF's!!

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
with a flat mag floor plate, this is MUCH easier to conceal than a p30. The P30's grip is even longer than USPF's!!
I have 4 flat baseplates on the way. MidwayUSA has them stocked up, and that's good to know that the USPF grip length is shorter than the P30. I'd like to be able to carry my USPf in the winter.

·
Registered
18,643 Posts
Congrats on that new baby. Yes, the blue hammer spring is the standard spring. And that small frame bulging is normal.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Did you get rid of your HK45 compacts?
Yes. Getting away from the .45 caliber all together, main reason being I can afford to hone my skills better with the 9mm. Also ammo is really drying up and it's only going to get more expensive. Lower recoil, higher mag capacity, high velocity defensive rounds, cheaper ammo, easier to stock... 9mm is just easier in every facet of shooting. I might come back to the .45 but that's going to be way down the road. I really want to start taking some classes for now.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Congrat's i have one just like it..but carry this old stainless everyday...i just have the HK45c ext. mag release on both mine make's them just right. Wait until you shoot it.. :wink: BTW, by now you should know don't touch the HK's in the glass case lol....too hard letting go but i buy mine from lahilljack on here..BTW, the dip in the polymer is where the polymer in that small section is thicker i looked at mine and noticed that so as said normal..

By deehkman at 2011-10-04

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Congrat's i have one just like it..but carry this old stainless everyday...i just have the HK45c ext. mag release on both mine make's them just right. Wait until you shoot it.. :wink: BTW, by now you should know don't touch the HK's in the glass case lol....too hard letting go but i buy mine from lahilljack on here..BTW, the dip in the polymer is where the polymer in that small section is thicker i looked at mine and noticed that so as said normal..

By deehkman at 2011-10-04
The stainless one's seem to only float around online. How about the USP's with the greyish blueish frames? Anybody ever see this? I'd give a kidney for one of those.

·
Registered
5,306 Posts
The stainless one's seem to only float around online. How about the USP's with the greyish blueish frames? Anybody ever see this? I'd give a kidney for one of those.
Color USP Compacts only offered in .40sw. =)

·
Registered
139 Posts
Not that it matters but shouldn't the HK on the slide be gold in color on a BA gun?
Greetings 68 f100,

Excellent observation. Actually I wondered that also. I do prefer the deep roll marks of days gone by. About the 2004 - 2005 time frame, HK went to the laser etched HKjs then the laser HK symbol. Prior to that all HKs I have seen had the deep roll marks. The P30 variants and HK45/HK45c variants all have the roll marks versus laser etching for the HK symbol. I do think that a "BA" (2010) date code is odd to have the roll mark--but certainly welcome.

In the final analysis . . . it really doesn't matter though if the gun is a shooter. I do not think that the roll mark would get you any more of a premium with resale and/or trade-in.

But a nice weapon indeed!

·
Registered
5,306 Posts
Not that it matters but shouldn't the HK on the slide be gold in color on a BA gun?
Laser engraving of proof marks etc. show a gold/yellow color on HK blue slides, on stalinless its usually a dark gray or black

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Laser engraving of proof marks etc. show a gold/yellow color on HK blue slides, on stalinless its usually a dark gray or black
Wait What?! My HK is supposed to have the gold color "HK". Now that I think about it every HK in their case had a gold color HK. Why not mine? I don't think I ever owned a HK with the gold coloring.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts