HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just built an HK93 clone on a Vector arms 223 receiver.

I want to say (it is old news) that the Vector receiver is definately out of spec. I would have thought this would have been corrected but I guess not.

With a lot of effort and the right tools it is very doable.

The butt of the receiver is probably in the most need of fitting. I actually worked the receiver and the inside of the stock to get it just right.

Near the trunnion there were some kind of relief slits cut in the receiver which make no sense. When I welded the receiver at the end of the long slots I just welded these slits up with them. They are not noticeable now.
The trunnion area on the receiver was slightly out of round as well but a little convincing in the vice persuaded it to get in the perfect alignment allowing the trunnion to slide in nice and snug.

After grinding and polishing out the welds I have to say I am extremely proud of the end result. I finished it with Brownells Gun-Kote in matte black.

I am excited to get to the range and test her out. My headspace is right in spec with the feeler gauges.

I think the HK in the 223 really follows the lines of the original sturmgewehr.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I know what you're saying. Vector was close, but there's some issue compared to the real thing. This is especially the case if you want to swap a buttstock, or use A3 stock. At half the price though, I'm happy with my Vector. Some of the issue is the due to the jig they used, rumored to be modified HK94 jigs and couldn't fold right angle right.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
on your vector receiver where the cocking tube go's in by any chance was there a big hole ontop??? the receiver i have has one i was just curious if any others do

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes it has the one on top by the trunnion and there is also one to the rear near butt stock area. Dont know what they are for.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
deleted by me

sorry I can not post pics

file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Frank/Desktop/hk93/1.jpg

For the record I built a PTR-91 and that receiver is on the money. I didnt have to do a thing to it except clean up the mag release area of burrs.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Thanks for the report on your efforts.

How is the scope mount issue? Does a HK factory claw mount lock on? How hard was the buttstock to assemble and remove from the receiver?

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
on your vector receiver where the cocking tube go's in by any chance was there a big hole ontop??? the receiver i have has one i was just curious if any others do
Hey Nodder, use a piece of turned down aluminum round as a heatsink and TIG the hole up. Few few passes with a single cut file and a cratex tip Dremel tool (following the curve of the receiver). Blast the area with Aluminum Oxide and you're finished.

I'm guess the holes were made during stamping to allow a mandrel to fold the receiver.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Hey Nodder, use a piece of turned down aluminum round as a heatsink and TIG the hole up. Few few passes with a single cut file and a cratex tip Dremel tool (following the curve of the receiver). Blast the area with Aluminum Oxide and you're finished.

I'm guess the holes were made during stamping to allow a mandrel to fold the receiver.
thanks for the input jimmy, thats what i figured the hole was for and thats what i was planning to do with it.

btw some time in the future i need to talk to you about a long flash hider im planning on doing a 33k and i want to keep the barrel length koser

·
Registered
62 Posts
On my Vector 93 I can swap between a regular (A1?) and a collapsible(A2) style stock pretty easy. It is snug but not an issue.

The HK claw mount does not snap closed. From what I understand most require some metal to be removed to fit perfect. Mine is very close and I plan on removing some metal to see if it will snap closed.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
thanks for the input jimmy, thats what i figured the hole was for and thats what i was planning to do with it.

btw some time in the future i need to talk to you about a long flash hider im planning on doing a 33k and i want to keep the barrel length koser
A 33k style build for the boards? Sounds very interesting.

·
Registered
788 Posts
To post pics go to tinypic.com.
Very easy to do. Use the browse button to find what you want to post, upload, and they give the URL you need to put into the message and it appears like magic in your post. Just be sure the photo is not bigger than 800x600 or it will be huge.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
A 33k style build for the boards? Sounds very interesting.
when i used to have a V53 and it never shot worth a damn i always had problems with it. so i traded it for a brand new USP tac.45

now that i know i can build these things myself i would like to have another .223 H&k other than my SL8 so i figured a 33k would be cool. i might even add a forward assist to it.

hey jimmy by any chance do you have the equipment to cut down a 93 barrel and rethread it ???

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
when i used to have a V53 and it never shot worth a damn i always had problems with it. so i traded it for a brand new USP tac.45

now that i know i can build these things myself i would like to have another .223 H&k other than my SL8 so i figured a 33k would be cool. i might even add a forward assist to it.

hey jimmy by any chance do you have the equipment to cut down a 93 barrel and rethread it ???

Yes on the barrel and making a 53 cocking tube, if you ever decide to go 53 pistol route.

·
Registered
732 Posts
It was fairly easy to work the claw mount to fit my Vector receiver. Works just fine.

Too bad the receivers aren't in spec though.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts