HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got this in. It's my first hk clone. Full review will have to wait until I've shot it, but i wanted to give a shout out to the folks at Atlantic and to Bellator for a really nice looking build and smooth transaction. My main concern and point of praise is that the receiver seems to be very well made and welds look really nice. The bolt and carrier are pretty cheap mim stuff, but i knew that going into it. The pistol grip is pretty much garbage too, but I put one of the contoured clipped and pinned ones on it that I bought off of gunbroker for $30. Looks a lot better. Now to shoot it!

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Pics or it didn't happen. When you newbies gonna learn this!

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
Hey, cut the guy some slack. This is his first post. Welcome to the forum. I have four CA guns with the MIMS bolts. I've had problems with reliability. I haven't had a chance to shoot them because I've been working out of state. The action seems to be much smoother with Rim Country bolts. Please keep us updated.

Scott

·
Registered
304 Posts
I know...but I really want one of these, so all of the info is invaluable.

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts
Pics or it didn't happen. When you newbies gonna learn this!
Lol, I remember not too long ago you were green in the bush too.

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Lol, I remember not too long ago you were green in the bush too.
Sure was. Still am. I got a long ways to go to get the stature you guys have. I've come a long way though. With help from some great people!!!

·
Registered
6,398 Posts

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Give a guy a little slack, it's his first post...

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
I like it. Would love to get ahold of an upper.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I was about ready to give up on my mp5 clone until it was "SBR'ed." Now I can't put it down...I'd like to get one of the uppers too...What is underneath the foregrip? BMP has their barreled uppers with the extended bbl...is it the same with the complete firearm?

Has it gone to the range yet?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Doesn't have a threaded or three lug barrel. The barrel is pretty much flush with the front of the triple tree. I put about 50 rounds through it this afternoon. Initially had magazine problems. Some of the first purchasers of these got two mags: one hk and one aftermarket. I just got the cheapo aftermarket one which is how the gun is currently advertized. As expected the mag gave problems. as in, FTF every other round. I took the spring out, stretched it and tweaked the mag lips toward the front to allow the bullet to angle up a little better. No more FTF failures after that.

Next problem: out of the next 30 rounds, there were about 7-8 FTE's. Every time but one, the bolt lost the spent case inside the gun and hung up on it after partially chambering the next round. This is going to take some thinking. Two other guys shot it and it didn't jam at all on them. (one only shot three rounds and the other shot nearly ten). Makes me wonder if i just wasn't holding it tight enough? I will probably go ahead and order a new extractor and a couple of springs just in case.

Question: ejector lever looks like it's fitting in the groove right, but it's impossible to see inside the receiver at the time in which it would be moving backwards and fitting into the bolt slot. So, how do you determine if it's not hitting right?

I'm not dissappointed in spite of this. I basically expected to pay 1k for a good completed barreled receiver with all the sights/levers, etc and a workable bolt/carrier group. (Add, of course, the $200 fun tax for SBR that will be send off this week...) If i have to spend another $500 for a good bolt/carrier and make it perfect it still was a deal.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I'm not dissappointed in spite of this. I basically expected to pay 1k for a good completed barreled receiver with all the sights/levers, etc and a workable bolt/carrier group. (Add, of course, the $200 fun tax for SBR that will be send off this week...) If i have to spend another $500 for a good bolt/carrier and make it perfect it still was a deal.
Sorry I can't answer your question, but thank you for answering mine...What I quoted you saying above is exactly what I was thinking.

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Look at ejection patterns. If the ejector is going up right, then ejection should be brisk and about I believe 3 or so feet away. If they're dribbling out of the gun, that would tell me the ejector isn't doing its job right. Honestly, for the $50 it costs for a new ejector, just replace it with German. I'd definitely try a German extractor and spring as well before junking the entire bcg.

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
Honestly, for the $50 it costs for a new ejector, just replace it with German. I'd definitely try a German extractor and spring as well before junking the entire bcg.
My limited experience with Todd's guns have been that his ejector lever goes with his bolt. I've got a couple of Todd's Coharie Arms guns. If I used a German ejector lever with the MIMS bolt the gun seemed to have more problems. The MIMS bolts seemed to prefer his ejector levers. Now if I put a German bolt group in, the German bolt group wouldn't run with Todd's lever. So for me mixing and matching German levers and bolts didn't go well. Todd's extractors seem to work for me okay. Having extra extractor springs are a must. The extractor springs do seem to be the weak link in the roller locked system. Congratulations on your purchase.

Scott

1 - 20 of 29 Posts