HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey folks I just purchased a tact 45 and have the Combat/Competit LEM trigger on it, which is very smooth. However I can't shoot that well with the adjustable sights that come on this thing. Yes, I do plan to replace them with the Meps (orange in the back and green in front), however has anyone had trouble shooting with these manafacter sights they put on the Tact 45(the high adjustables?) Maybe I'm just used to the Meps? I do ok at 10/15 yards or less, but at 20 or 25 I'm not terrible but way worse than with my glock and I can't live with that. Time for Meps, just haven't had the cash. Thanks for any input.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
1,921 Posts
Are you shooting high, low, just having trouble grouping, or not having a tight of a pattern as your used to with your Glock? Also, how many rounds have you put through it?

·
Registered
851 Posts
Cheap alternative till you have the cash saved up for night sights is to paint the rear of the front sight blade. I think orange or red is good. I have to agree the the plain factory sights take some getting use to, but one should also practice firing with snap caps to make sure you are shooting correctly. I practiced at home this past Thursday evening and I went to the range today with my Tactical. I shot much better with less tendency to shoot low and left. Then again it could be because I put Mepros on, lol :D

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
not shooting tact well with manufactor sights

i have had a tact 45 before, with mep sights and shot it better. couldn't figure if it was the LEM trigger or the manufactor sights, however i've only put about 100 rounds thru her. i think meps would help.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I traded my new target sights for a new set of Mepro night sights 3 dot and love them. I use the Tac as a duty weapon and needed to fit the gun in a hoslter. Much faster sight pick up with the night sights IMHO.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts