HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I did it. I got the USP9f I have been itchin for. Its a beaut. I got it used and it looks like its never been touched. It came with 2 15 round mags and one 10 round, a case and it has nightsight.

This is my new carry gun. I got rid of my Sig 229 for it. The Sig was a 357sig and it compromised my follow up shots too much, but was a lovely gun. (I have a second identical 229 in the safe)

So, I will post some pics when I can. Needless to say I will be asking some questions in the near future.

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
Congrats on your new USP! Get high-caps from CDNN and they send you a free 10 rounder for every high-cap you buy - what a deal!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Congrats on a great pistol ! I love my uspsd it's a tack driver CAN;T GO WRONG WITH THE USP SERIES FULLSIZE OR COMPACT ENJOY!!!!!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
that cdnn deal sounds too good to be true.
once i replenish some funds(new baby in the house = never) ill have to get some.

its hard to explain how much i like this gun. i did part with my previous love...a sig 229 two tone, but im very happy with my usp. just the design of it draws me in. im also happy that i just cut costs on 357sig out of my budget...im sticking to 9mm for a while.

·
Registered
239 Posts
CDNN is the best source IMO. If you act fast they may still have the buy one full cap and get a 10rd free. If not the 10s are great for beat up range usage selling for about $10 bucks each. I snagged a couple extra before the prices rise.

Either way you made out. The HK is a great weapon, but they're only real competition in my book is the SIG "P" series of weapons, everything else, good as is may be is subpar. I personally like the 357 SIG for defense and law enforcement purposes, I owned an XD chambered in this round, and sold it only to get a two barrel combo SIG 226 with a new factory 40 tube included. It is gaining ground slowly, but dwarfed by 40 cal did for this market in the last 15 years or so becoming America's police runaway police caliber.

Ask away, we'll answer the questions if we can. You will learn more here than you ever wanted to know about HK and soon be the one sitting at the keyboard answering questions yourself. Congrats and welcome.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
CDNN is the best source IMO. If you act fast they may still have the buy one full cap and get a 10rd free. If not the 10s are great for beat up range usage selling for about $10 bucks each. I snagged a couple extra before the prices rise.

Either way you made out. The HK is a great weapon, but they're only real competition in my book is the SIG "P" series of weapons, everything else, good as is may be is subpar. I personally like the 357 SIG for defense and law enforcement purposes, I owned an XD chambered in this round, and sold it only to get a two barrel combo SIG 226 with a new factory 40 tube included. It is gaining ground slowly, but dwarfed by 40 cal did for this market in the last 15 years or so becoming America's police runaway police caliber.

Ask away, we'll answer the questions if we can. You will learn more here than you ever wanted to know about HK and soon be the one sitting at the keyboard answering questions yourself. Congrats and welcome.

well, i just parted with my 229 two tone in order to get the usp. my sig was in 357 and was a great gun, probably the best i have ever had until now. i have to keep reminding myself of the identical 229 i have sitting in my safe so i dont get worked up.

the 357sig round compromised my follow ups too much and while that might sound silly to some, i take that as a reason to find a new carry gun and caliber.

my usp is a first year prodution 93' so i was told of a few of the changes between it and the newer models. i wasnt sure if i should be concerned. it has the l&g barrel and i think there was something out of date about the firing pin but im not concerned. i like the trigger and i put 100 rounds thru it today with easy and unbelievable accuracy.

im sure this gun has had many thousands of rounds thru it but its spotless and im going to do my best to put many more thru it myself.

i plan on picking up one more pistol this week and while i cant quite afford another HK(hoping i can find a local deal) i might end up getting a 239 or possibly a glock 19.

i do have some reading up to do on HK's though.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
1,922 Posts
Congrats on the upgrade I never liked sig so it is easy for me to say that. Hope you enjoy that new toy

·
Premium Member
1,704 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the HK family!! You are going to enjoy your new HK, and I promise you will soon be forgetting about the sig.

Be Safe & Happy Shooting!! TJ

1 - 10 of 10 Posts