HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and its off in the mail tomorrow to Jayson Cotter at IGF to do the work.

I didn't realize the NFA Branch doesn't even use stamps anymore, they're more like labels. I am kind of happy I have the old time stamps printed with a press/die etc

lol, not that it matters

·
Grand Chazzar
3,353 Posts
Very cool
What lenght barrel for your SBR ......
I Havnt recieved one of the labels you speak of .

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
11 inch is what I put on the NFA form

then I am going with a quick detach suppressor, probably a YHM steel phantom because they are so affordable

I can't wait to get this back from Jayson, 6 months a damn long while to wait!!

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Actually not only is the stamp now a laser jet printed label but is now says US DOJ not US Internal Revenue

Which makes sense because ATF is no longer under Treasury. Does this make sense, paying tax to DOJ?

GodSpeed, it takes so long because over the past few years people have figured out SBRs and suppressors are awesome, thats my simple way of seeing it. Of course people are a little worried about the political winds too. (also the gears of the gov't have never been known to spin fast, so I just hurry up and wait!)

For me I just like my weapons to be what they were intended to be and the MR556 wasn't it, so essentially I will have a semi 416 clone.

·
Registered
10,256 Posts
Actually not only is the stamp now a laser jet printed label but is now says US DOJ not US Internal Revenue

Really? Obi Wan Nairobi has run the whole system down to the point you don't get an "actual" stamp anymore? Dang... better get started fillin' the sandbags...

·
Registered
731 Posts
The new ones are like new stamps that you use to mail a letter. They are peel and stick instead of tear and lick... That doesnt sound right

·
Registered
388 Posts
Does the shortening of the bbl to 11" also require opening up the gas port to a larger size, or is this not an issue of concern with the 416 system?

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
and its off in the mail tomorrow to Jayson Cotter at IGF to do the work.

I didn't realize the NFA Branch doesn't even use stamps anymore, they're more like labels. I am kind of happy I have the old time stamps printed with a press/die etc

lol, not that it matters
Actually....I recently heard that they ran out of stamps. Aparently they were printed awhile ago.

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No, All that needs to be don't is the little hole that bleeds gas on the gas block needs to welded up

From what I have read this platform (SBR 11 inch or 10.4) will be superb for suppressor, which is my plan

·
Registered
10,256 Posts
Funny.... A guy was telling me that the older stamps were from the original printing. I found that hard to beleive.

Hmmm... could very well be. The gubbermint makes millions of whatever it makes. It pays ten times whatever the item could be bought for in a competitive market, but most Gubbermint purchases are shrouded in secrecy. Somebodies hand is always in someone else's pocket... it's called the American way.

Wouldn't surprise me to learn that the Gubbermint is still working off the first run of stamps. There haven't been millions of transfers since '34.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts