HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm the new guy.

Went to the Lausanne gunshow today with a couple buddies. Didn't bring a lot of money with me since I didn't plan on buying any really expensive things.

I saw this gun, labeled as "HK MP5". First I thought it was one of those Brugger & Thomet clones, but it really was an original HK MP5.

Probably never been fired, no dirt at all, nice shiny bore.

Now the question is: what sling to get? And which magazines work better? the old straight ones or the newer curved mags?

·
Banned
34,554 Posts
Is it real- with not a lot of money and taking it from a gunshow- how, unless you are specially licensed of course?

At minimum, an SBR- regardless, SWEEEEEEEEEET!!!

Giles or similar tactical sling and curved magazines- my preferences.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I second AGG's questions, (1) how much did it cost and (2) how did you walk out of there with an SBR on the same day, without having to file the appropriate paperwork with the ATF.

Unless it's an airsoft gun...

Edit: LOL wait I just read the Location in his profile, I wonder if the gun laws over there are less or more restrictive than ours are.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well, had to ask a buddy for the money. Over here in Switzerland they are not that expensive. Paid about 2300.- $ for it.

No such thing as SBR or import bans over here.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I second AGG's questions, (1) how much did it cost and (2) how did you walk out of there with an SBR on the same day, without having to file the appropriate paperwork with the ATF.

Unless it's an airsoft gun...

Edit: LOL wait I just read the Location in his profile, I wonder if the gun laws over there are less or more restrictive than ours are.
just edited in the location to clear out the confusion.

In some parts our laws are better while some parts really suck (no carrying permit for normal persons for example)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
no, nothing at all, just the HK code "62" for MP5 and the serialnumber. Should it be at the same place as the serialnumber?

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Congrats Kampfhamster! You got an amazing deal on a extremely nice gun.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I've seen such date markings on G3's and the like, but not on mine, there are no marks at all, except the serial number, which is 372XXX

·
Banned
34,554 Posts
OK, I am stumped, but I am quite certain that some of the MP5 efficianados (is that spelled correctly?) here can find the answer to your query.

In any event, welcome to the site, great gun and let us know when we all can come visit you in the Alps!!! ;)

Tony

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
@Mark71: thanks.

Took the gun apart and cleaned it from all the grease that was in the system. Which parts of the gun do I have to lube? just the bolt or is there anything else?

·
Registered
893 Posts
Would any of the internals be date-coded in some fashion?
Should be a date code on the rear of the bolt carrier, by the firing pin hole, and on top of the bolt.
Might also have a date code on the stock and grip housing.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts