HKPRO Forums banner

just got myself a brandnew MP5

3706 26
Hi, I'm the new guy.

Went to the Lausanne gunshow today with a couple buddies. Didn't bring a lot of money with me since I didn't plan on buying any really expensive things.

I saw this gun, labeled as "HK MP5". First I thought it was one of those Brugger & Thomet clones, but it really was an original HK MP5.

Probably never been fired, no dirt at all, nice shiny bore.

Now the question is: what sling to get? And which magazines work better? the old straight ones or the newer curved mags?
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
33,831 Posts
Is it real- with not a lot of money and taking it from a gunshow- how, unless you are specially licensed of course?

At minimum, an SBR- regardless, SWEEEEEEEEEET!!!

Giles or similar tactical sling and curved magazines- my preferences.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I second AGG's questions, (1) how much did it cost and (2) how did you walk out of there with an SBR on the same day, without having to file the appropriate paperwork with the ATF.

Unless it's an airsoft gun...

Edit: LOL wait I just read the Location in his profile, I wonder if the gun laws over there are less or more restrictive than ours are.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I second AGG's questions, (1) how much did it cost and (2) how did you walk out of there with an SBR on the same day, without having to file the appropriate paperwork with the ATF.

Unless it's an airsoft gun...

Edit: LOL wait I just read the Location in his profile, I wonder if the gun laws over there are less or more restrictive than ours are.
just edited in the location to clear out the confusion.

In some parts our laws are better while some parts really suck (no carrying permit for normal persons for example)

·
Registered
33,831 Posts
OK, I am stumped, but I am quite certain that some of the MP5 efficianados (is that spelled correctly?) here can find the answer to your query.

In any event, welcome to the site, great gun and let us know when we all can come visit you in the Alps!!! ;)

Tony

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.