HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My new SWR Octane 9 HD on postie D54P-N and postie UMP with MM 9mm 3-lug barrel.

(click to enlarge)

IMG_0002.JPG IMG_0003.JPG IMG_0005.JPG IMG_0008.JPG IMG_0014.JPG IMG_0009.JPG IMG_0011.JPG IMG_0013.JPG

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
254 Posts
Octane 9 with the SWR 3-lug mount. I think I like your version better, looks easier to grip.

edit - you won't be let down, I really like mine!

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looks like just the knurl is different. Yeah, really looking forward to shooting it! And I'm especially curious if it will speed up the UMP's ROF.

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My Gemtech Raptor will be here in Late August , should be almost as nice on my D54
I'm trying like heck to get these done... will do everything I can to make sure you get it by then :)

My USC/UMP 9mm is only semi, but I don't notice any difference.
I don't think you'd be able to tell on semi. I know when we shot the AAC ECO-9 with a D54P-N that it shot a little bit faster on F/A but could not tell when it was on S/A. But then again, we weren't really trying to see if the action ran quicker either. I would assume that affects would be the same on a simple blowback as with a roller delayed blowback... more gas = higher ROF.

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks guys. Took a quick break tonight and tested it out with some 147-gr subsonic. Super quiet even for an indoor range. The UMP9's ROF did not change as I thought it would. Back at the shop for a late night but I'll post the video in the next day or so.

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Quick video added to orginal post.

@hk94dude -- do you find that your 3-lug adapter "sticks" after several rounds? If I take the suppressor off, the spring-loaded locking piston sticks because of the residue from the all the blow-back.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Beautiful! Music to my ears.

How much does that suppressor alter the rate of fire on the UMP? (If at all)

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Beautiful! Music to my ears.

How much does that suppressor alter the rate of fire on the UMP? (If at all)
None that I could tell... so if it did, it was negligible.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Quick video added to orginal post.

@hk94dude -- do you find that your 3-lug adapter "sticks" after several rounds? If I take the suppressor off, the spring-loaded locking piston sticks because of the residue from the all the blow-back.
The first 3-4 trips it was a pain in the a$$. It got stuck on, stuck off, wouldn't go on, etc etc. I took the 3-lug adapter apart a couple times, stuffed some white lithium grease in there and put it back together. It's got better with time. I'm only have about 500 rounds through it right now, but everything is perfect.

Gotta love those subsonic 147's. I think it's quieter on the roller lock guns though.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Its interesting to see the ump 9mm bounce around a bit on full auto compared to the d54n. Guess roller locked really is smoother.
Either way, beautiful stuff sir!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts